Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum

First Three Games 2017


SiouxFan100
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 8/18/2017 at 6:13 PM, sprig said:

Dish network or pac12 network on an app, like sling. I have both options

I am very non tech. I did call sling to ask how it works. This is what I think I know. You can sign up over the phone and they give you a log in and password right then and there. Drink some beer. You go to you TV and get to the internet section. I have MIDCO cable by the way though it shouldn't matter.  You login and the channels you have purchased show up. Eat snacks and drink beer. Click on PAC12 and all PAC12 games show up on your screen. Click on the UND-UTAH game and you are drinking more beer and watching the game.

Normally, there is a $20/month charge for Sling and then they told me I would need the "Orange" sports package which includes all PAC12 games. The orange package normally costs $5/month. But Sling has a free 7 day trial (I think that has been mentioned before but I didn't understand). My plan is to sign up for the free 7 day trial early next week and see if I can get the dang thing to work (watch some other PAC12 game and drink some beer). If it works, I may look into other options with Sling or I will just cancel within the 7 day trial.

For those of you in the know - am I missing anything? It appears I will be watching at home unless some Fargo bar steps up and figures out how to broadcast/stream it. I hope this helps!

Disclaimer: this is my understanding but do not rely on me!! I accept no responsibility if this doesn't work.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

I am very non tech. I did call sling to ask how it works. This is what I think I know. You can sign up over the phone and they give you a log in and password right then and there. Drink some beer. You go to you TV and get to the internet section. I have MIDCO cable by the way though it shouldn't matter.  You login and the channels you have purchased show up. Eat snacks and drink beer. Click on PAC12 and all PAC12 games show up on your screen. Click on the UND-UTAH game and you are drinking more beer and watching the game.

Normally, there is a $20/month charge for Sling and then they told me I would need the "Orange" sports package which includes all PAC12 games. The orange package normally costs $5/month. But Sling has a free 7 day trial (I think that has been mentioned before but I didn't understand). My plan is to sign up for the free 7 day trial early next week and see if I can get the dang thing to work (watch some other PAC12 game and drink some beer). If it works, I may look into other options with Sling or I will just cancel within the 7 day trial.

For those of you in the know - am I missing anything? It appears I will be watching at home unless some Fargo bar steps up and figures out how to broadcast/stream it. I hope this helps!

 

Sounds right, if I were to use sling on roku, I'd do the 7 day free trial then cancel. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, sprig said:

Sounds right, if I were to use sling on roku, I'd do the 7 day free trial then cancel. 

Both UM and MSU play Pac 12 teams so if it is good.  I plan on keeping the sling through football season.  I might drop some of my Midco pkg that I rarely watch.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I hope there will be a recorded version somewhere online after the game.  I'll be at the game and am leaving town this Sunday so probably won't get it recorded, but would probably want to watch it again to hear some commentary etc..  Well unless we get completely blown out or something, then I don't think I'll want to re-watch :) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Sioux94 said:

I hope there will be a recorded version somewhere online after the game.  I'll be at the game and am leaving town this Sunday so probably won't get it recorded, but would probably want to watch it again to hear some commentary etc..  Well unless we get completely blown out or something, then I don't think I'll want to re-watch :) 

Some of the Utah fans said they'll have the hookup. My fingers are crossed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...