SiouxSports.com Forum

2017-2018 NHL Season

cberkas

3 hours ago, cberkas said:

Now, I have no reason to doubt the truthfulness of this issue or the seriousness of this condition, however the conspiracy theorist in me asks if this is really a retirement in disguise?  The Blackhawks gave Hossa a 12 year, $63M contract in 2009, which means that he's under contract through the 2020-21 season with an annual cap hit of $5.275M  He's currently 38 years old and would be 41 when this contract expires.  The Blackhawks are currently $2.5M over the salary cap which was increased $2M from $73M to $75M (if it had stayed the same they'd be $4.5M over!).

Now with this medical condition they can put Hossa on LTIR, which also means that his cap hit will not count against the team.  If he had retired, it would have.  Hmmmmm.....:whistling:

57 minutes ago, Ray77 said:

Now, I have not reason to doubt the truthfulness of this issue or the seriousness of this condition, however the conspiracy theorist in me asks if this is really a retirement in disguise?  The Blackhawks gave Hossa a 12 year, $63M contract in 2009, which means that he's under contract through the 2020-21 season with an annual cap hit of $5.275M  He's currently 38 years old and would be 41 when this contract expires.  The Blackhawks are currently $2.5M over the salary cap which was increased $2M from $73M to $75M (if it had stayed the same they'd be $4.5M over!).

Now with this medical condition they can put Hossa on LTIR, which also means that his cap hit will not count against the team.  If he had retired, it would have.  Hmmmmm.....:whistling:

The same thing ended Tom Reid's career. Blackhawks said they were going to move a core player.

Doing some reading, I believe there is a real problem with Hossa.
What he has was common in the 1970s NHL and as someone said, it ended Tom Reid's career. 

All that said, the Blackhawks lost a dependable (missed 46 games in last six seasons) top end two-way forward.

This site says they are $1.6M over the cap; however, put Hossa on LTIR and they flop to being about $3.5M under the cap, but needing a dependable veteran two-way player who can be top six and kill penalties. 

https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/blackhawks 

What's this I hear that ARI cut loose Shane Doan. And I heard Doan yesterday saying he'd like one more kick at the Cup. And he and Jon Toews are good friends ... hmmm ... 

On ‎6‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 8:25 PM, Siouxperfan7 said:

IMG_1299.JPG

IMG_1300.JPG

The only thing I don't like is how the middle stripe is only on one side. Penn State did the same thing with their grey jersey that would have been better with the stripe completely around the jersey.

These Adidas jerseys just seem lazy to me.

13 hours ago, cberkas said:

The only thing I don't like is how the middle stripe is only on one side. Penn State did the same thing with their grey jersey that would have been better with the stripe completely around the jersey.

I actually like that it doesn't go all the way around.  The contrast of the stripe and the Wild logo workd on the front.  Wht the stripe and the numbers on the back being the same color, it wouldn't look good at all.  Of all the NHL jerseys, the Wild definitely made the most drastic change.  And it looks awesome!

13 hours ago, cberkas said:

My buddy is a long-time season ticket holder and HATES this look.  I almost love it.  the collar sucks and the white stripe in the middle should go all the way around the back.  If those things were fixed (bring back the old school lace-ups), this thing would be :love::love::love:.