SiouxSports.com Forum

Holy Cross @ Fighting Sioux

sioux fan in phoenix

A few thoughts

JP and ZP are co MVP's if Blais was putting JP in just to get some experience, he has to at least consider putting him in tonight.

The Sioux offense was good, 3 or 4 pipes, several great saves by HC.

The Sioux D was very average, bad outlet passes, too many turnovers, and they gave the blue line way too many times.

HC executed a very good game, they were fundamentaly the best team I've seen this year. They were always in position, they slowed down the game by clogging the passing lanes and neutral zone.

The Sioux should have dumped and chased more, their forecheck was clearly superior, many times the Sioux forward was there before the HC D.

The HC goalie had an interesting style - keeping the Sioux forwards at bay by vomiting all over the crease....interesting. :p

Best comment of the night:

Idiot announcer #1 - That Zach Parise is not a very flashy player, you don't notice him out there, but he ends up with a bunch of points at the end of the night.

Idiot announcer #2 - That's right, he isn't a player you notice on the ice, but he seems to come out with points every night.

I seriously thought they were joking, I was laughing before I realized they were serious, then I was just pissed :lol: If ZP is not a "flashy" player would someone point out to me who is? ;)

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If ZP is not a "flashy" player would someone point out to me who is? :lol:

If you've watched Zach play enough games, you know how ridiculous that comment is. They were probably basing their comments on that one game, which is always a mistake.

These two announcers were absolutely awful! Paradise choked through sentences all game long.

Yup...they were pretty bad. I heard them make some type of reference about UND not being on track because they hadn't played in a while. WTF? I guess they didn't know about the WCHA final five. They also kept referring to HC's conference as some type of "American" conference rather than Atlantic Hockey. :lol:

It's like they sent the "A" team out to do the Eastern Regional...those guys were actually okay, but biased toward the east (of course). I didn't have the benefit of listening to radio, so after a while I just listed to some cd's while I watched the game.

If you've watched Zach play enough games, you know how ridiculous that comment is. They were probably basing their comments on that one game, which is always a mistake.

They made the comment before the game started ;) The color guy at least knew the players names - his name was Paradise, wasn't their a Paradise at CC and one at SCSU a few years back? The play by play guy was terrible, couldn't pronounce players names, had numbers messed up.

Anyone familiar with College hockey, not just Sioux fans, would agree what a stupid comment about ZP that was.

I also noticed the references to the American Hockey Conferance, the color guy knew what he was talking about some of the time, the play by play guy was terrible. ESPN must hide these idiots in its basement until its time for college hockey or the spelling bee coverage. :lol:

Murray got 2 assists passing to Parise. He is a good offensive player, but he's not big or strong enough to play effective defensive hockey. He loses a lot of 1 on 1 battles for the puck and gives it away on the breakout quite a bit. Playing pretty much every shift of the season with the probable Hobey Baker winner is definately not a bad thing. Not to take anything away from his puck skills and skating, and he certainly has helped Zach too, but...

I don't have a problem with them saying Parise is not a "flashy" player. I think of Lundbohm when I think of a flashy player, a guy who can dangle in a phone booth. I don't think of Zach when I think of these kinds of skills. However, you DO notice Zach on the ice though, because you see a guy who is SO good at getting body position, and coming up with the puck and quickly getting a pass off to an open teammate.

I've never thought Parise was a flashy player, just awfully damn good.

I must have blinked & missed it. I watched the entire show & all I saw was everything but college hockey.

It was pathetic, they snuck it in the middle of the college hoops, they said something to the effect of "Maine and Harvard, college hockey has it's own NCAA championship as well. Maine down 4-1 come back with this goal from so-and-so to tie it, and then the game winner from so-and-so, the Black Bears score 4 time in the 3rd to win and advance" and that was about it. No more then 20 seconds tops. No suprise that it was an eastern team either, maybe they should look and see that the WCHA is 4-0 right now and the Bulldogs are about to make it 5-0 :lol:;)

They made the comment before the game started :lol: The color guy at least knew the players names - his name was Paradise, wasn't their a Paradise at CC and one at SCSU a few years back?

I believe that he did play for CC. At least that's what I thought I heard the play by play guy say. I figured with paradise from CC, that he'd talk more about UND, but all I ever heard from him was about HC.

I believe that he did play for CC. At least that's what I thought I heard the play by play guy say. I figured with paradise from CC, that he'd talk more about UND, but all I ever heard from him was about HC.

Paradise played for Denver.