SiouxSports.com Forum

holy cross vs. FIGHTING SIOUX

Let'sGoHawks!

I'm confident in a Sioux romp.. Hey, I'm a fan and can afford to be that way! That being said, I think the Sioux dominate this game from start to finish. The Sioux will have ample room to skate on the big sheet of ice and will get a bunch of breakaway chances. I like the Sioux 8-1.

Predictions:

Sioux roll four lines all night long, resting the #1 line in the 3rd period once the game gets out of reach.

Zach - Bo - Brady combine for 4 goals in the first 40 minutes.

Ryan Hale notches a goal and an assist, playing with Fylling and McMahon again this weekend.

Parise in goal, resting Brandt for Saturday.

HC gets a late goal, on the PP, against UND's last unit of penalty killers.

Final - UND 7, HC 1.

On 1440 this morning:

Drew Stafford and Matt Smaby may not play due to illness. Stafford is the most questionable at this point... :lol:

That's not good. We shouldn't need them against Holy Cross, but if they're out Saturday, it could make a difference.

That's not good. We shouldn't need them against Holy Cross, but if they're out Saturday, it could make a difference.

Like what PCM says, I am not concerned about this as far as tonight's game. Saturday's game might be more of a nail biter, but it may turn out ok as well.

If you are wondering, Lee Marvin will most likely take one of the spots.

Stafford and Smaby should be tucked into their beds tonight. No hockey playing or watching or anything. Marvin can fill in ably at defense and Canady, Fabian, Massen or Palmo can step solidly into a forward spot. UND will definitely need the full lineup Saturday.

At least for tonight's game, this is a good time to appreciate the value of having such an excellent season, which yielded the number one overall seed and the lightest opponent in the tournament.

I don't think we have to worry about Smaby and Stafford being gone for more than one game. If they are halfway close to 100% I'm sure Blais would make them tough it out and play. It's March! everyone is sick and everyone is tired. Suck it up boys and go bring home a banner!

I know the flu usually goes around in the winter time, but there is a flu bug going around out there. I know, because I had it last Thursday night. I didn't get sick to my stomach at all, but I got the shivers, and I had the diarrhea really bad. So it is going around out there. I just hope it doesn't make its way through the whole team, and we have some of our big guys out with it. :lol:

You may be right, with Holy Cross's goalie puking on the ice.