SiouxSports.com Forum

holy cross vs. FIGHTING SIOUX

Let'sGoHawks!

I have noticed the Crusaders are getting a lot of press out east. The game is TOMORROW!!! I haven't heard much about this weekend, people are still dwelling on last weekend. Nobody knows anything about Holy Cross. Anything can happen in the playoffs, I hope Coach Blais has prepared the boys well. I predict the Sioux will win easy.

Final score: UND 8 Holy Cross 2

Shots on goal UND 50 Holy Cross 18

You never know what will happen. Theoretically I can see HC winning this game but I can't actually see that happen. But that's why we play the game.

In the INCH article it mentions that HC gives up 30 shots a game. They play in the AHA? conference? Talk about Who's He He Sucks.

I think we could easily double those shots on goal if we are really flying as jloos pointed out.

However, I don't believe HC will be too nervous. In fact I believe they'll be right ready to go. They know they're not expected to win. They're happy to be there. They'll come out with one thing in mind, let's see how long we can make this a game. With that attitude they won't get too tight if they get down by a goal or 2, and will keep playing hard. I also predict their goalie plays well. I hope so too, because I don't want our guys to get too many easy goals.

Sioux win 5-2. Shots 55 - 14. Score after 1: 1-0 Sioux.

I was thinking as I looked at the predictions that the Sioux scores look too high and the Sioux SOG look too low. I have tried to be cautious about this game, but I think the boys will be ready to play and will take care of business.

If you recall how dominant the Parise line looked against MN, and consider how that level of play would look against a lesser team, it doesn't bode well for Holy Cross.

Miscellaneous predictions: Sioux forwards will lug 180 extra pounds each around the offensive zone, rarely drawing a HC holding penalty. HC will occaisonally carry the puck into the Sioux zone (although most of the time they will dump it in and go for a change), and a Sioux defenseman will go to the box almost every time they do.

I was thinking as I looked at the predictions that the Sioux scores look too high and the Sioux SOG look too low. I have tried to be cautious about this game, but I think the boys will be ready to play and will take care of business.

If you recall how dominant the Parise line looked against MN, and consider how that level of play would look against a lesser team, it doesn't bode well for Holy Cross.

Miscellaneous predictions: Sioux forwards will lug 180 extra pounds each around the offensive zone, rarely drawing a HC holding penalty. HC will occaisonally carry the puck into the Sioux zone (although most of the time they will dump it in and go for a change), and a Sioux defenseman will go to the box almost every time they do.

You forgot the token Adam "stick to the head" calls that were so prevalent down in Mankato.

Foyt, from indications, didn't make the trip. Marvin did though, so perhaps he'll be playing versus HC.

Yes, HC is getting a lot of press, but I discount it to them making the tourney for the first time. They are not a big school (enrollement around 2500 + or - 200 according to USCHO) so the eastern bias thing doesn't really work. What it amounts to is a Cinderella story. Nothing boosts ratings better than negative occurances in this world, but Cinderella stories are a close second.

That being said, 5-1 Sioux as they try to hold things back to save some energy for Saturday's game.

You forgot the token Adam "stick to the head" calls that were so prevalent down in Mankato.

With two WCHA, a CCHA, and an AHA team in Colorado Springs, and with a WCHA team in each Friday game, I'd expect to see HEA or ECAC referees.

They tend to allow less clutch and grab (and extra stick-work).

With two WCHA, a CCHA, and an AHA team in Colorado Springs, and with a WCHA team in each Friday game, I'd expect to see HEA or ECAC referees.

They tend to allow less clutch and grab (and extra stick-work).

They also call a LOT more diving penalties. So, Jordan better watch out :lol:

I'm not making any predictions on this game or any following game. I'm just going to watch the games and hope the Sioux do well. I have had to many games where I'm cocky about the Sioux and then they let me down.

I do have one prediction though. If the Sioux meet the Gophers in the Frozen Four the Sioux WILL NOT lose. Blais wouldn't let them lose to the Gophers and let the Gophers advance to win their 3rd straight. It just won't happen. It can't happen!

Man, I'm just not seeing this game as a high scoring exhibition. The Sioux have been having trouble burying the biscuit lately. And the Quesadilla :lol: guy is no slouch between the pipes, regardless of who he's been facing. The guy's save percentage is .926 this year, and over .910 for his career.

If the clutch and grab, "swing yore pardner" stuff gets the okay from the stripes, I'm saying 4-2. Still Sioux, but not a runaway.

Now come on guys, and prove me wrong.

And a big, heartfelt ;) thanks to Scott Geston at CableOne Fargo for makin' it all happen.

I do have one prediction though.  If the Sioux meet the Gophers in the Frozen Four the Sioux WILL NOT lose.  Blais wouldn't let them lose to the Gophers and let the Gophers advance to win their 3rd straight.  It just won't happen.  It can't happen!

methinks you protest too much, you seem nervous about a rematch! ;)

and it could happen, one must wait and see tho.... :lol:

WPoS

methinks you protest too much, you seem nervous about a rematch! :lol:

March 21, 2004, Grand Forks Herald:

Though Potulny cherishes playing against his former teammates and friends, he had a quick answer when he was asked if he wanted to play the Sioux again this year.

"I'd rather not," he said.