SiouxSports.com Forum

2004-2005 UND Hockey Schedule

CoteauRinkRat

A few thoughts:

1) when will UND finally rid itself of Canisius? Sheesh. :angry:

2) I like the Northeastern/BC trip...may have to make travel arrangements

3) No trip to Mariucci - :lol: could be the 2 best teams if there's no NHL season

4) Bemidji State? Blah

5) US World Junior team - a great exhibition game IMO

6) A lot more balanced as far as home-away games throughout the season

7) Playing St Cloud on the road in March - St Cloud should be in full swoon mode by then. :)

My first thought was : Holy smokes that's a killer October. With games at Maine, Northeastern, Boston College and Mankato in October and a home series against Minnesota we could be lucky to be .500 after October.

Ohter thoughts:

- For the second time in two years we don't play Minnesota twice. That's just plain stupid for the WCHA especially if they are so concerned about money.

- Much more balanced with home and away series just about every other weekend in the WCHA.

- Just think, two years ago we'd never heard of Canisius and now we'll be playing them for the 3rd time in 3 years. Weird.

Overall a good schedule except for that killer October and no trip to Minnesota.

I think it sucks we won't play Minnie for two series next season. Good grief, if the WCHA wants to split money equally with every program, would it not make sense for Minnie-UND-Wisco to each play two series against each other since we have the biggest barns in the league? Moreover, given the rivalries we have with Minnie and Wisco, it's plain stupid for the WCHA to not highlight them at some level. Bunch of pathetic dumbasses running this league ...

/end rant

UND should play two series' against Minnesota and Wisconsin every year. This doesn't make sense and never will to me. I know why we don't so I don't need to hear explanations why this is, but these three teams have a long time rivalry and they should continue to play four times a year.

4) Bemidji State? Blah

I have no idea what BSU will be like next year, but they were very good this year and gave MN a couple of good games. You may be pleasantly surprised by that weekend of hockey.

I also think it's great for programs like MN & UND to schedule BSU.

BTW - When did UND get appointed as the official WCHA ambassadors to Canisius? :angry:

BTW - When did UND get appointed as the official WCHA ambassadors to Canisius?  :angry:

Same time Minnesota was made ambassador to Alabama-Huntsville.

You get grits. We get wings*. :lol:

* Canisius is in Buffalo, NY, in case you forgot.

Come on, getting to make fun of The Wookie. That's golden right there. We got just over 8 months to make up signs! :angry:

Somone should get the thread started. By next season, we should be able to build a life-sized animated replica of the Wookie wearing a pink tu-tu.

Probably not until after forecheck graduates. :)

Sorry guys, Blais and I have a deal. And since I still have one more long year of school left, we will just have to sit through another Canisius beating. Do you think if I emailed the Wookie he'll start growing his hair back out? :lol:

• 1 month later...

Now that I have been straightened out regarding the fact that this topic already existed on this board ( and deleted my thread that I started), I want to throw in my 2 cents worth...

Yeah, it sucks UND only plays MN one series, but at least they are playing in GF, not at the Goofer barn.

Canisius? Well, maybe Deano wants to get Zajac, Spirko, and his other freshman to be able to score as many points as Zach did his freshman year... :D

The NorthEastern-BC trip looks like a great hockey weekend, and I think Bemidji St. will be tougher than a lot of people are expecting them to be...

It's not a cupcake schedule, by any means...

I am looking forward to yet another year of Sioux hockey.

My first thought was : Holy smokes that's a killer October. With games at Maine, Northeastern, Boston College and Mankato in October and a home series against Minnesota we could be lucky to be .500 after October.

First off Mankato isn't that good, 2 wins, we split with Maine and beat Northeastern University and B.C. and UND will be fine. UND should be a smart veteran team next season. Thank God all of our home games aren't in October...