SiouxSports.com Forum

Best Hockey Game Songs

airmail

On another note why don't the students sing the school song at least once a game?

The school doesn't promote any of the school songs much. The band plays it, but it isn't taught to incoming students really. Plus and probably most importantly students are lazy. :( I had to learn it on my own.

Along the theme of getting more raucous atmosphere in the REA, I think we need an Anthem. Something with an edge, little anger, lotta rock, gut-busting drum solo, face-melting guitar, ya know. The school song is nice, and yes I know the words, but its sorta '50s. Let's do something 21st century.

Maybe we should have a contest, students eligible to write and perform it. (I'm sure the AD could hire some pros to write or perform, but I'm as happy if it comes from the students, who are after all what the University IS.)

Food for thought.

========================

On topic, I'd like to hear a little Good Charlotte, "Movin On".

my personal favorite is "IT" also known as the Battle Hymn....

For the opposite side of the coin: I was talking to a band geek one night right after they got done playing a song and I had no clue as to what song it was....

it...

was...

Back in Black......talk about a non-good song to have a pep band play! Yikes!

WPoS

There's a song I've been hearing on the radio but haven't caught the name yet or the band, and haven't been able to locate the lyrics on the net. But the refrain goes "It's a pretty good day, I'm looking forward to tomorrow".

It would be a great send-out song after a win and the fans are filing out of the arena.

After debating with myself about my favorite hockey song I have decided it's Queen's We Are The Champions. I heared it one time on the radio on the way to a Sioux game in the old Ralph and also in the old Ralph when the Sioux won the 1998 McNaughton Cup. Some great memories.

There's a song I've been hearing on the radio but haven't caught the name yet or the band, and haven't been able to locate the lyrics on the net. But the refrain goes "It's a pretty good day, I'm looking forward to tomorrow".

It would be a great send-out song after a win and the fans are filing out of the arena.

"Good Day" by Luce

It's not a hockey song but a good one to play could have been Nelly's "#1."

For those that haven't heard it, its lyrics are "What does it take to be #1, two is not a winner and three nobody remembers."

The Beer Song is a #1 favorite of mine. I like "That Don't Impress Me Much" after the other team scores. Or "Smooth Criminal" when we warm up.