12 Colgate

13 St. Cloud State

14 Michigan State

15 Notre Dame

Others Receiving Votes: Colorado College 57,

Massachusetts 34, Cornell 15, Brown 6,

Bemidji State 3, Holy Cross 3, Rensselaer 3,

Providence 1

Let's Go Sioux.....Let's GO Sioux......Let's Go Sioux.....That is great news but I don't know if I really want the Sioux to be #1 going into the NCAA's. A lot of pressure comes with that but I see this team really building some resolve and I am getting that same feeling as 2000. What a coincidence we were swept at Wisco that year too but kicked their as& in the final five and beat the Eagles in Providence. Let's hope for deja Vu this time in Beantown!

Great, the target just got bigger... I liked #2.

No disrespect to the Sioux but I would have voted for BC...

Nah, I would have voted for the Sioux. They have a tougher schedule and just came off a road sweep of the hottest team in the country.

Also, I don't think the #1 ranking puts a bigger target on the Sioux. It doesn't seem to matter where the Sioux are ranked, teams bring their "A" game to the rink when we play.

Let's Go Sioux.....Let's GO Sioux......Let's Go Sioux.....That is great news but I don't know if I really want the Sioux to be #1 going into the NCAA's. A lot of pressure comes with that but I see this team really building some resolve and I am getting that same feeling as 2000. What a coincidence we were swept at Wisco that year too but kicked their as& in the final five and beat the Eagles in Providence. Let's hope for deja Vu this time in Beantown!

Why on God's green earth would you ever want to be #2?!!! You take the #1 ranking anytime you can get it. You never should be satisfied with being #2 because there is less pressure. That's what sports is, that's what tournament time is, pressure.

Giddyup Jaker, let's ride to Boston.

Now an honest questions: Has any team ever finished the season at #1 in the PWR, #1 in the polls, won the regular season for their conference, won their conference tournament and won the NCAA's??

Not sure how long the PWR has been around...

I would have to guess the last time a team finished tops in the polls and won their league, league playoff, and the NC was possibly BU in 1995 (they achieved the trifecta, but I'm not sure whether they were atop of the polls). If not BU, then for sure Maine in 1993.

North Dakota might have done it in 1987 (not sure if they were atop of the polls going into the tournament, but would have to guess that that they were).

North Dakota achieved the trifecta in 1997, but Michigan was ranked #1 in the country going into the tournament.

I was seriously shocked when I saw that #1 tag on our backs. Good for them. I'm so pumped for future hockey weekends in the next month. We're looking good.

People kind of lost BC faith pretty fast. I understand why we got the votes (sweeping hot team at their barn), but I figured they would keep it for another week maybe.

I think we have some bandwagon pollsters!! :p

Before the UMD series, Blais stated that being #1 for most of the season was a lot of pressure & that he didn't mind going into Duluth as the underdog.

The only people that thought the Sioux were underdogs, were the Sioux. Just because they were not #1 anymore does not mean that a #3 is an underdog against a #4, regardless of the winning streak.

The only people that thought the Sioux were underdogs, were the Sioux. Just because they were not #1 anymore does not mean that a #3 is an underdog against a #4, regardless of the winning streak.

That's a matter of opinion. A team that was struggling somewhat the past month to realize its potential is an underdog in my eyes when compared to a team that was unbeaten in 2004 and playing in its own arena . Hypothetically forecasting, if next year the Sioux are riding a 15-game unbeaten streak & Duluth comes to REA having formerly been #1 but have struggled in recent weeks, I think it's fair to say you guys will be slight underdogs. No one's right in this debate because it's a subjective view. However, I think it was mighty clever of Blais to use this psychological ploy to his team's advantage. :p

I'm just glad no players suffered any season-ending injuries & the fact it was played at such a high level should really get these guys well-primed & ready for the playoffs.