SiouxSports.com Forum

Crazy Ending in WCHA

jloos

If Duluth loses on Friday, I would like to see the Cup presented to the Sioux at the conclusion of our win over Tech. C'mon Hennen! In the final minutes of Friday's game, with the Sioux up by 4, say, "At the conclusion of the game, please stay in your seats for a very special presentation."

On the other hand, I can imagine Blais wanting his players focused for the entire weekend and even asking Hennen not to announce the Wisconsin-Duluth score during updates. If we have to wait until Saturday, I can handle that, too. Either way, I'll be wearing my "Cup Crazy" hat.

That still doesn't answer the question, which is: If both Duluth and UND win Friday, will there be a MacNaughton Cup celebration that night?

Yes it does....in his scenario he has WISCONSIN winning. If Duluth wins Friday then, no we wouldn't celebrate on Friday.

I'm I the only one, including the author, that noticed the score is Wisconsin 5, Duluth 3.

Yes it does....in his scenario he has WISCONSIN winning. If Duluth wins Friday then, no we wouldn't celebrate on Friday.

I'm I the only one, including the author, that noticed the score is Wisconsin 5, Duluth 3.

Right. If both win, the Cup could still be split between UMD and UND. If UND gets 2 points, they will get the #1 seed on tiebreakers.

Bad formation on my part. The scenario of Wisconsin & UND winning was hypethetical and the cup would obviously be presented Friday night. The second part was sort of a seperate question. Duluth and UND win Friday I was wondering if they present it then, because after all they did win the league (although might have to still share it.) Like PCM said, you celebrate Friday regardless of the Duluth game, and Tech might get pumped Satuday to beat the Sioux and the Sioux could have an emotional letdown after "supposedly" winning the Cup.

Anyone remember what they did in prior year? I wonder if it's up to Dean or the league office.

Bad formation on my part. The scenario of Wisconsin & UND winning was hypethetical and the cup would obviously be presented Friday night. The second part was sort of a seperate question. Duluth and UND win Friday I was wondering if they present it then, because after all they did win the league (although might have to still share it.) Like PCM said, you celebrate Friday regardless of the Duluth game, and Tech might get pumped Satuday to beat the Sioux and the Sioux could have an emotional letdown after "supposedly" winning the Cup.

Anyone remember what they did in prior year? I wonder if it's up to Dean or the league office.

If UMD wins Friday,regardless of what the Sioux do, the celebrationwill be delayed until Sat. night. IF we tie, do they saw the thing in half, or have seperate ceremonies on seperate nights?

If UMD wins Friday,regardless of what the Sioux do, the celebrationwill be delayed until Sat. night. IF we tie, do they saw the thing in half, or have seperate ceremonies on seperate nights?

I believe they each get a ceremony. UND would get to skate this weekend, while Duluth would get to at home next weekend. I'm not sure how they determine who gets to display it and when during the rest of the year.

As far as when to present the Cup, I would say as soon as you know you have won it outright let the celebration commence. Let them party on Friday, play the seniors & scrubs on Saturday and get ready for whomever comes to town the following weekend.

MTU would have to get points this weekend If I am not mistaken to have any chance of not returning to Grand Forks the weekend after for the WCHA playoffs.

MTU would have to get points this weekend If I am not mistaken to have any chance of not returning to Grand Forks the weekend after for the WCHA playoffs.

Yes, you are correct. Tech would need 2 points to move into the 9th seed, passing Mankato, who is playing NC.

Yes, you are correct. Tech would need 2 points to move into the 9th seed, passing Mankato, who is playing NC.

Its the battle of the mutts and cows this weekend. MSU-M plays UNO. I predict to 0-0 ties.

I can only imagine, barring any upsets, what it would be like for the Tech players to stay in G.F. the entire week. They'll probably arrive Wed. or Thurs. this week & leave the following Saturday or Sunday.  :D

Make them eat at Wilkerson on Monday. They'll probably forfeit the playoff games rather then have to go back there. ???

Yeah, that's why I said "as soon as you know you have won it outright let the celebration commence". They could easily get beat Sat. and MSU would be heading north.

Yeah, that's why I said "as soon as you know you have won it outright let the celebration commence". They could easily get beat Sat. and MSU would be heading north.

I personally don't want to see UND get beat by a horrible team. UND is going to suffer on the SOS for playing MTU. I want to see UND win both games so they can lock up a number one seed. Then we can face a weaker team in our first NCAA tourney game.

Did you see Mankato's goaltending... The American Institute for the Blind would score 3 on them. ;)???

Yeah, but AIB has the advantage that they carry their sticks with them all the time and their guide dogs growl at and scare away the defenders. :ohmy::D

If Tech were to get a win this weekend they would jump up to an 8th place tie with Alaska and would be seeded above them since they hold the tiebreaker. ;) I really don't think that will happen since the Sioux will be winning both nights. :D

When the Sioux win on Friday they will be presented with the cup regardless of what happens in Wisconsin. The team would much rather hoist the cup in front of the home crowd after the win then wait until Saturday to present the cup. You hoist the cup at home as soon as you know you have a share of it.

Scenario -- Not likely -- but if the Sioux win on Friday, wait to present the cup until after the game on Saturday, and were to somehow lose on Saturday, the cup celebration would be akward. McCloud, "Here boys. I know you just lost, but you're still champions.....well co-champs." ???

No you give them the cup after a victory on Friday shared or not they are still the champs and they deserve to celebrate without feeling like they were just kicked in the stomach. Celebrating after a loss on Saturday wouldn't feel right, it would just feel wrong.

This is all moot since the Sioux will sweep this weekend.

When the Sioux win on Friday they will be presented with the cup regardless of what happens in Wisconsin. The team would much rather hoist the cup in front of the home crowd after the win then wait until Saturday to present the cup. You hoist the cup at home as soon as you know you have a share of it.

Scenario -- Not likely -- but if the Sioux win on Friday, wait to present the cup until after the game on Saturday, and were to somehow lose on Saturday, the cup celebration would be akward. McCloud, "Here boys. I know you just lost, but you're still champions.....well co-champs." ???

No you give them the cup after a victory on Friday shared or not they are still the champs and they deserve to celebrate without feeling like they were just kicked in the stomach. Celebrating after a loss on Saturday wouldn't feel right, it would just feel wrong.

You would present it Friday night, and risk the guys coasting through the Saturday game?? I don't think Blais would allow that. He will probably have it presented Saturday night, giving the seniors an extra special send-off!

You would present it Friday night, and risk the guys coasting through the Saturday game?? I don't think Blais would allow that. He will probably have it presented Saturday night, giving the seniors an extra special send-off!

Yes when they win on Friday they are the champs. Blais will let them celebrate that on the ice that night. As for having a letdown on Saturday, it won't happen. Especially if the Dogs win on Friday night, Blais will remind the boys that they don