SiouxSports.com Forum

Help Stop an Overlooked Problem in Our Community

Cratter

People hanging onto tickets when they know they can't go, and leaving seats empty is like that kid who hordes all the toys by them so the other kids can't get them, even thought they can't possibly play with all the toys. 

Folks, if you aren't going to use your tickets, try to sell them, or give them away to someone who will put THEIR butts in YOUR seats.  The team needs them!  Fill the Ralph!!!

Post free tickets last minute here in the ticket forum and you could provide a chance to get somebody in who wouldn't otherwise make it, what a cool thing to do.

• Upvote 1

Do you think that Ralph app thing works all the time in recording when you use your seats or not?  I'm a season ticket holder, but I don't get to all the games (living in Williston and all) and a couple times I sell my tickets on the ticket exchange above face value and get the "Sorry we missed you" email. I can't believe that someone would pay above face value for upper level corner section seats and just not use them? Semi-related/Not really related.

Do you think that Ralph app thing works all the time in recording when you use your seats or not?  I'm a season ticket holder, but I don't get to all the games (living in Williston and all) and a couple times I sell my tickets on the ticket exchange above face value and get the "Sorry we missed you" email. I can't believe that someone would pay above face value for upper level corner section seats and just not use them? Semi-related/Not really related.

Using tickets shouldn't have anything to do with the app, but rather the scanners at the door. Scanners do mess up frequently, so it's possible the scan is not recorded when your tickets enter

• Upvote 1

This is a pretty funny video.

Seriously though, just give your tickets away if you can't use them! I've made people's week by giving or even selling them my tickets.

Ya, I highly doubt many on this passionate fan forum are the ones not using their tickets.  It is the corporate types, who have these great lower bowl seats.  I always see empty seats in the prime areas, possibly because their occupants are up in a suite or in the end bars. 

Ya, I highly doubt many on this passionate fan forum are the ones not using their tickets.  It is the corporate types, who have these great lower bowl seats.  I always see empty seats in the prime areas, possibly because their occupants are up in a suite or in the end bars. 

I mean, if invited I'll swing up to a suite for a period or 2 depending on the game(looking at you Huntsville) to swig some free beers, beats paying $8! :D

• Upvote 2

IMO...I think this video is more of a....hey use our ticket exchange, its quick and easy, and we make money off of it....thing! If you go to these games, its obvious that filling the seats is NOT a problem! 

Sometimes things just don't pan out and you can't go at the last minute and its too late to do anything with your tickets. Happened to me on occasion with two kids in sports and ....etc. With 12,000 fans, this may happen to a few people, I still just don't see an "empty seat problem".

Edited by bigskyvikes
  • Upvote 1

IMO...I think this video is more of a....hey use our ticket exchange, its quick and easy, and we make money off of it....thing! If you go to these games, its obvious that filling the seats is NOT a problem! 

Sometimes things just don't pan out and you can't go at the last minute and its too late to do anything with your tickets. Happened to me on occasion with two kids in sports and ....etc. With 12,000 fans, this may happen to a few people, I still just don't see an "empty seat problem".

Yeah you're right, we don't have an empty seat problem at all.  This isn't Marriuci :D.  I didn't realize it cost money to use this service. You can post the tickets on craigslist for free and usually get about 3 responses within about 10 minutes to buy them.

• Upvote 1

My guess is that the fees the REA gets for people using Ticketma$ter to resell them is pretty minimal (couple bucks a ticket at most). I agree in that I don't think it is a problem, it is probably more of an awareness type thing along with the REA getting tired of taking calls and telling people there isn't any tickets available while having a general idea of how many aren't being used on any given night.

Yeah you're right, we don't have an empty seat problem at all.  This isn't Marriuci :D.  I didn't realize it cost money to use this service. You can post the tickets on craigslist for free and usually get about 3 responses within about 10 minutes to buy them.

While I agree and that is typically how I've done it in the past, there are a lot of people who don't trust craigslist. The Ticket Exchange is 100% guaranteed and more convenient (not having to meet, exchange money, etc), which is important to a lot of people. The one issue I have is that it does not allow you to list your tickets for lower than what the face value is on Ticketmaster, meaning you can't undercut any available tickets that haven't been sold yet, especially if you're looking to get rid of your tickets on short notice. If you're really worried about tickets being used, let people sell them for as little as they want. I will say that the ability to forward your tickets to someone for free is very handy.

The easiest option to move your tickets (sell or give away) is by logging into your "My North Dakota Account" at https://oss.ticketmaster.com/aps/m/und/EN/apimobile/?l=EN&team=und#/login and emailing the tickets. They can be scanned right on smart phones at the REA or printed. No extra fees yet for that. 

One huge minus for the ticket exchange is that the money after the convenience fee goes into your account and you don't get the cash in hand.

I bought tickets to last night's game off that. Worked pretty well, my only complaint is if you print out the new tickets from Ticketmaster, they don't have the day of the game on them. Could make for some confusion later on.

I've had issues with this before as well, was the same last season. Not sure why it wasn't fixed.