SiouxSports.com Forum

27-0

kramer9

Geez, I think the French put up a bigger fight against the Germans. I don't know how getting routed like this would be considered a character-building experience. Would have been fun to listen to the coach's post-game speech & the spin he used to make the kids feel better. Or, he could have told them they sucked & told them they're a disgrace to the game & school :)

Anyone know? If not, that's crap!?

That is something you do in squirts not high school, especially in a playoff game. Besides putting Lee and Ammerman at forward would not reducet he scoring :) Shots were 87-3 the 60 was the saves for the Monticello goalies. Morinville replaced some of the underclassmen on the top lines with seniors that see limited ice time in the second and third periods. Some JV players also saw ice time.

Running the score up this bad (this is the worse I've ever heard of) is normally a very classless move, but this is the playoffs. Central beat B/W 16-0 in the EDC, I'm sure they didn't back off. Minnesota plays 17 min periods this year, but runs the time in the 3rd with a 8 goal lead - I hate to think what the score would have been had they not had running time. ;)

Here is Monticello's schedule this year. OUCH! ;) I wonder what Rodgers feels like (the team they beat). Note they lost to Kittson Central and Morris two teams that play Whap/Breck every year for some competition. Maybe Morinville was just trying to one-up Totino Grace (24-0) :)

L 2- 8 Windom 0- 1-0 11-28 Away

L 2- 8 Fairmont 0- 2-0 11-29 Away

L 2- 4 St. Michael-Albertville 0- 3-0 12- 2 Away

L 1- 9 New Prague/ 0- 4-0 12- 6 Home

Montgomery-Lonsdale

L 0- 9 Robbinsdale Cooper 0- 5-0 12- 9 Away

L 0- 6 River Lakes 0- 6-0 12-13 Home

L 0- 7 Delano/Rockford/ 0- 7-0 12-16 Away

Watertown-Mayer

L 1- 3 en Holy Family Catholic/Waconia 0- 8-0 12-18 Home

Roseau Tournament

L 0-12 Roseau 0- 9-0 12-29 Roseau

L 1-14 Mound-Westonka 0-10-0 12-30 Roseau

L 1- 8 Kittson Central 0-11-0 12-31 Roseau

L 1- 4 St. Francis 0-12-0 1- 6 Home

L 1- 4 Buffalo 0-13-0 1- 8 Buffalo

L 0- 7 Cambridge-Isanti 0-14-0 1-10 Home

L 1- 9 Spring Lake Park 0-15-0 1-15 Away

L 0-18 Centennial 0-16-0 1-17 Home

L 4- 8 Morris/Benson Area 0-17-0 1-20 Home

L 2- 9 St. Francis 0-18-0 1-23 Away

L 2- 4 Minneapolis Edison 0-19-0 1-29 Home

L 0-24 Totino-Grace 0-20-0 1-31 Away

L 1- 8 Rogers/Zimmerman 0-21-0 2- 3 Home

L 1-13 Irondale 0-22-0 2- 6 Home

L 1- 6 Cambridge-Isanti 0-23-0 2-10 Away

W 2- 0 Rogers/Zimmerman 1-23-0 2-13 Away

It seems to me there is only so much you can do to keep from rolling up the score when the opponent is SO much worse than you are.

I think if I was on the losing end of a lopsided score I'd rather get pummeled than toyed with. You can't expect Moorhead to skate to the blue line and dump it in and wait for Monti to try and skate it back out. That's too patronizing. You gotta take your lumps.

Making extra passes, setting up guys that don't score much, that kind of thing seems like the right thing to do.

To me the real winners of the Moorhead/Monticello game were the Monticello boys who continued to show up everyday for practice and gave it their all.....why? because they love the game of hockey...and isn't that what it's all about! Maybe Mn. high school hockey needs to re-evaluate cooperative teams and how they are classified . (ie A or AA.)

I'm going to go out a limb and say that we won't be seeing any Monticello graduates at UND any time soon.

Only one word to describe that team, Pathetic...or maybe Hopeless, but I have to agree with MNsiouxFAN, kudos to the guys who continued to play for such a horrible team.