SiouxSports.com Forum

What do u think ?

Fetch

I can appreciate the use of Nodak Nation in trying to appease more people. A Concept that could be used regardless of what wins. If not used, in conjunction with the new logo, it is still something that could be used for marketing and merchandising purposes.

I would rather see a logo with the aviation theme. I like the Nodak nation though.

I can appreciate the use of Nodak Nation in trying to appease more people. A Concept that could be used regardless of what wins. If not used, in conjunction with the new logo, it is still something that could be used for marketing and merchandising purposes.

It already is... Sioux Crew became Nodak Nation.

Hawks are cool birds and can represent fierceness, power, agility, etc.  In a bubble they are a great nickname for a university.  Unfortunately we don't exist in a bubble and we are 50 colleges/universities late to the party.  Because of this, our hawk logo will be confused with everybody else's hawk logo, pretty much regardless of what it looks like.  With that said, it is becoming apparent that Fighting Hawks will be the new nickname, so I guess it's time to start working through the stages.

Yeah my grandson had on a nice Nodak nation tee shirt last game & it was a hand me down from his brother who is 2 yrs older he was impressed with the Nodak nation flags & of course his older brother was mad he didn't have one :)

Edited by Fetch

It already is... Sioux Crew became Nodak Nation.

Right, but will it remain that once a new name is implemented? Whatever they become, I hope they keep a fair amount of the interlocking ND merchandise. I just don't know how many people will want a shirt with a hawk on it.

I could maybe be persuaded into buying a new hat or something. Maybe eventually more. Right now I have plenty of Sioux gear and would buy some more ND gear. Even with that, they need to improve those designs.