SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. BADgers - Friday Gameday

AZSIOUX

Boys played uninspired hockey last night for 90% of the game. You can't do that at this level of play, even against a bottom feeder. 50% sure but not 90%. All three goals were full blown defensive breakdowns, none were on the tendy. Whats odd was those were the only chances Wisco had. Hopefully the boys do some damage tonight.

Edited by scpa0305

Oxbow6 and I don't agree on a lot of things (especially politics), but he's an intelligent poster who offers a lot of good insights on all of our programs. And I happen to think he is right on this topic as well. Believe that.

So you think if Hak was coaching with this, let's say not so tough schedule this season, with these studs he recruited, they would be 1-6-2 ?  Now I understand your hockey knowledge, or lack thereof... Hes not even here anymore,  and you few still piss on his wheaties. That's funny right there.

I was just saying, everyone knows how bad wisco has been, why the heck did Schloss need to write that piece. Karma sucks.

More disappointing than the loss last night is all these whinning posts I've been reading about how Brad shouldn't have written the article about Wisconsin's pathetic performance over the last year.  Are we really going to be that guy? Really?...

Someone posted on Brads blog that the article was great bulletin board material for Eaves.  I'm not advocating that we be doing what that BC player did when BC landed in Grand Forks and he tweeted that he had arrived in a boring (or whatever) town to get a win and go home but Brad's article was not claiming a victory, let a lone an easy one, at all.  

Brad's aticle was in my opinion very appropriate in that it addressed the state of a program which happens to be one of our greatest rivals over decades. I think writing the article showed great respect for the tradition of our rivalry and the fact that it challenged Wisconsin, in a sense, to get their crap together was a necessary component of that.

Bullin bord material?  Here was my reply on Brads blog.  I threw in Coach Lucia as a great example of someone who doesn't respect their tradition because they don't respect their rivals:

Of course it was great bulletin board material. Writing it was also the correct thing to do. Holding bitter rivals to a standard of excellence and calling them out on it when they fall short of this is in our best interest. It is the intelligent way to be even if it means you put yourself at risk of defeat. It’s all part of the nuturing of the rivalry. Are the rivalries not a big part of our tradition and passion for our team? It’s stunning to me to observe how often I see people missing this concept. Most notably coach Lucia. If you disrespect the rivalry component of tradition, tradition is curtailed - 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

So you think if Hak was coaching with this, let's say not so tough schedule this season, with these studs he recruited, they would be 1-6-2 ?  Now I understand your hockey knowledge, or lack thereof... Hes not even here anymore,  and you few still piss on his wheaties. That's funny right there.

I don't think Oxbow was saying that; he was just pointing out that under Hakstol, we had a lot of slow starts and losses against inferior teams early in the season (remember Michigan Tech sweeping us AT HOME in 2005?), so if we are going to give Hakstol some slack early on, the same rule should apply to Berry. It isn't a good thing no matter who is behind the bench and I don't think Berry or Hakstol would contest that point.

Bottom line: It's early in the season, the freshman are still learning how to win at this level and things will be rolling along by February or March.

I don't think Oxbow was saying that; he was just pointing out that under Hakstol, we had a lot of slow starts and losses against inferior teams early in the season (remember Michigan Tech sweeping us AT HOME in 2005?), so if we are going to give Hakstol some slack early on, the same rule should apply to Berry. It isn't a good thing no matter who is behind the bench and I don't think Berry or Hakstol would contest that point.

Bottom line: It's early in the season, the freshman are still learning how to win at this level and things will be rolling along by February or March.

Ok, great point but, who is being tough on coach Berry? I have read nothing about Brad screwing up! 

More disappointing than the loss last night is all these whinning posts I've been reading about how Brad shouldn't have written the article about Wisconsin's pathetic performance over the last year.  Are we really going to be that guy? Really?...

Someone posted on Brads blog that the article was great bulletin board material for Eaves.  I'm not advocating that we be doing what that BC player did when BC landed in Grand Forks and he tweeted that he had arrived in a boring (or whatever) town to get a win and go home but Brad's article was not claiming a victory, let a lone an easy one, at all.  

Brad's aticle was in my opinion very appropriate in that it addressed the state of a program which happens to be one of our greatest rivals over decades. I think writing the article showed great respect for the tradition of our rivalry and the fact that it challenged Wisconsin, in a sense, to get their crap together was a necessary component of that.

Bullin bord material?  Here was my reply on Brads blog.  I threw in Coach Lucia as a great example of someone who doesn't respect their tradition because they don't respect their rivals:

Of course it was great bulletin board material. Writing it was also the correct thing to do. Holding bitter rivals to a standard of excellence and calling them out on it when they fall short of this is in our best interest. It is the intelligent way to be even if it means you put yourself at risk of defeat. It’s all part of the nuturing of the rivalry. Are the rivalries not a big part of our tradition and passion for our team? It’s stunning to me to observe how often I see people missing this concept. Most notably coach Lucia. If you disrespect the rivalry component of tradition, tradition is curtailed - 

I was kind of joking bud.

Also, not only am I excited for the Brad era, but I'm happy they got that loss out of their system. Undefeated teams make me nervous. A loss from a nasty, fun, and entertaining rival like Wisco, is ok in my book. Even though last night's game was boring...

I was just saying, everyone knows how bad wisco has been, why the heck did Schloss need to write that piece. Karma sucks.

Ok fair enough.  

I only picked your post to reply to because it was the last one in this thread that was making that argument. My comment was meant to be a reply to all of those posts that I have seen, from the game day thread, to here, to Brads Blog.  

My apologies if I unluckily picked the one guy that was only kidding. Also, you might want to consider some emojis to help readers not get confused about shuch things.:D:blink::angry::blush::silly::lol: