SiouxSports.com Forum

UMD @ CC and other WCHA

UMDDogz

During the Gopher game a guy from Alaska got a penalty, and the Gopher got a penalty for diving. Frank can't believe they are making the call. For anyone that listened to them during the Sioux series, did he make the same claim for that ugly thing J Par did?

Just a little correction there Federov, it was the other way around. The Gopher player was called for hooking and the Anchorage player, I believe Steward, was called for diving.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the Sioux and Dogs tie atop the league, and UND happens to take at least 1 point next wknd UND will win the league due to tiebreakers. UND has beaten (knock on wood) :lol: UMD twice this year league and three times total. Hopefully we can play them like we did in December. Kato is a good tuneup road series.

Just a little correction there Federov, it was the other way around. The Gopher player was called for hooking and the Anchorage player, I believe Steward, was called for diving.

My bad, I wasn't really paying attention to the game. Either way, I just wanted to see if Frank was consistant.

What happens if for some reason UMD and ths SIOUX tie for the most points in the league? Is it just a tie or is there some other tie breaker criteria to decide the league champ? Who would the # 1 seed be?

We actually don't know that till we play UMD at Duluth and then we would have to still be tied with them at the end of the season. Right now UND holds a 2-0 edge in games head to head. I am sure the 3-0 in all game that UND holds over UMD probably still would favor for them right now. Its really putting the cart in front of the horse right now.

I believe that if they tie for the league title then they are considered co-champions, co-winners of the McNaughton Cup. Then tie-breakers are used to set playoff seeding.

As far as WCHA events go, I believe UND clinched home ice last night.

If the guy dives, was he actually hooked??? Wouldn't the two be mutually exclusive???

No. If the player on the receiving end of the penalty tries to embellish it (make it look worse than it really was), he can be penalized for diving.

I don't think the first game would be considered in determining the league standings, since it was thecnically an exhibition game.

The game didn't count in league standings, but did count in overall records and Pairwise. It was technically a "non conference" not an exhibition.

I don't think the first game would be considered in determining the league standings, since it was thecnically an exhibition game.

They look at head to head first I believe. I think they would look at the first game since the scoring counts for NCAA stats this year. It wasn't exhibition...it was counted as non-conference. I could be wrong though.

The first game was not a league game so I don't think it would count in the head-to-head criteria. But I don't think it matters too much because UMD will need to sweep UND to tie the first tiebreaker criteria...and if UMD sweeps UND, they will most likely win the league outright.

If UND gets any points in Duluth and ends up tied for the league lead, UND would win the tiebreaker based on head-to-head.

I figured I'd add this here.

The Wisco broadcast just showed a NCAA appearence banner. I'm surprised that minny doesn't have one of these, because they ALMOST make as many banners as SCSU does.

On the games; every time I turn to the Minny game it looks as if AA is taking it to them, then Minny goes down and scores.

Wisco and SCSU is another tight game. They've been doing a lot of face washing and hitting after the whistle, but kind of a boring game. No shots really getting on net.