SiouxSports.com Forum

UMD @ CC and other WCHA

UMDDogz

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw that Mason will do the CC/UMD series. A CC fan on USCHO questioned whether Mason would be unfair to CC since he's a UMD alum, and a Dogz fan said Mason is harder on the Dogz than their opponents.

Given the last time we saw Mason watching as Sioux dragged UAA players around the ice for an entire weekend, without calls, and, CC's tendency last weekend to tackle and slash away at the quicker Sioux players, wonder how having Mason will work for the Dogz. I'd expect CC to play much the same game they did against the Sioux, and, if Mason lets it go, it will be a long weekend for the Dogz. On the other hand, if he makes the calls, the Dogz PP may blitz CC.

On the other hand, CC is very quick also, and good defensively, although they are a very young team. Should be a challenge for the Dogz, and I'm expecting (hoping) the Sioux go into MDU next weekend in a tie for the WCHA lead.

I think that Colorado College is ultimately a better team than Duluth.

Once the emotion wears off the Dogs, they will be in trouble.

With everything that CC has on the line from here on it, I am going on record as calling for the Saturday night Stick Salute by the Tigers to their faithful.

Of course, I would prefer Duluth to win, as it will set up a great showdown next week, and keeping CC out of the round of sixteen will enhance the Sioux's trip to the World, instead of to Van Andel.

On the other hand, if he makes the calls, the Dogz PP may blitz CC.

On the other hand, CC is very quick also, and good defensively, although they are a very young team.

Geez sprig...how many hands do you have? ;):lol:

Having Mason will help CC. Remember he has to abide by the two rulebooks method...One for UMD and one for CC.

Saw that Mason will do the CC/UMD series. A CC fan on USCHO questioned whether Mason would be unfair to CC since he's a UMD alum, and a Dogz fan said Mason is harder on the Dogz than their opponents.

Given the last time we saw Mason watching as Sioux dragged UAA players around the ice for an entire weekend, without calls, and, CC's tendency last weekend to tackle and slash away at the quicker Sioux players, wonder how having Mason will work for the Dogz. I'd expect CC to play much the same game they did against the Sioux, and, if Mason lets it go, it will be a long weekend for the Dogz. On the other hand, if he makes the calls, the Dogz PP may blitz CC.

On the other hand, CC is very quick also, and good defensively, although they are a very young team. Should be a challenge for the Dogz, and I'm expecting (hoping) the Sioux go into MDU next weekend in a tie for the WCHA lead.

Just a point of clarification: remember now there are two Mason twins Bill and Bob Mason, they are from International Falls, Blaiser home town. I believe that Bill Mason is the offical for the WCHA. Bob played goalie for the Bull Dogs, and then went on to play for the Captials and a couple of other NHL teams, but I am not sure if Bill played for the Bull Dogs, maybe some one can clarify if Bill actually played for UMD.

I think that Colorado College is ultimately a better team than Duluth.

Once the emotion wears off the Dogs, they will be in trouble.

We've already swept them this season...with no "emotion" factor involved. I think you're coming from left field on this one. Comparing a 4th place PWR team with a 15th, one that may not even MAKE the NCAA's. Just because CC pulled out a win against the Sioux, does not mean they are suddenly better than their 9-11-2 (16-11-3) record would indicate.

Just because CC pulled out a win against the Sioux, does not mean they are suddenly better than their 9-11-2 (16-11-3) record would indicate.

Last weekend was the first weekend CC has been at full strength. That, along with being desperate to win to make the NCAA's on home ice, will make them dangerous.

I believe CC is a better team than their record, as for sweeping the Dogs, I wouldn't guess they will.

Last weekend was the first weekend CC has been at full strength. That, along with being desperate to win to make the NCAA's on home ice, will make them dangerous.

I believe CC is a better team than their record, as for sweeping the Dogs, I wouldn't guess they will.

That is the one thing I worry about with the Dogs. They are a very deep team, but have yet to really have to deal with injuries this season. With tough series against CC, UND, and Wisco coming up, I hope we can come through it with our lineup still intact.

We've already swept them this season...with no "emotion" factor involved. I think you're coming from left field on this one. Comparing a 4th place PWR team with a 15th, one that may not even MAKE the NCAA's. Just because CC pulled out a win against the Sioux, does not mean they are suddenly better than their 9-11-2 (16-11-3) record would indicate.

CC is better than there record indicates. Surely better than the suckholes you swept last week. ;) As someone pointed out, the early part of the year had them playing at something well short of full strength. Not sure how Duluth does on the Olympic sheet but that could be a factor. Also, don't underestimate the impact of altitude come the 2nd period on Saturday.

I predict a split which is what I am hoping for. With my planned Sioux sweep that sets things up nicely for next weekend. :lol:

Not sure how Duluth does on the Olympic sheet but that could be a factor.  Also, don't underestimate the impact of altitude come the 2nd period on Saturday.

They swept the goofers on the olympic rink

They took 3 points from Mankato on the olympic rink

As for the altitude...they swept Denver

I'm pretty sure they'll get at least 3 points

GO DOGS!!

He will....Zaba's been playing that well all year. In 17 starts he's only let in 3+ goals 3 times.

Scores from around the country: All are in the 1st period.

UMass-Lowell 0

BC 1

Bently 0

Canisius 2

AirForce 0

Niagra 0

Cornell 0

RPI 0

Nebraska-Omaha 0

Michigan St. 1

Army 2

UConn 0