SiouxSports.com Forum

FOOTBALL

UNDvince97-01

Now I know that there are a lot of UND hockey fans on here, and thats fine and dandy. Im not angry, rather just asking nicely if eveyone could reserve their hockey comments for the Hockey Forum. I sometimes get tired of hockey always being brought up in football threads. Yes, I know sometimes UND fans are just defending against bison stupidity at times, but there is a separate hockey forum to discuss those issues. I ask that people dont get upset about this. Prefer to talk football instead.

From the moderation perspective -- things do get a little looser off-season, simply because there's less football to discuss, which makes it harder to enforce being "on topic". There have been enough complaints over the last week or so that I did start to crack down a little over the weekend and will continue to keep an eye out.

I don't usually read every thread on this board, so dropping me a note does get my attention (as I said, a few people did last week).

From the moderation perspective -- things do get a little looser off-season, simply because there's less football to discuss, which makes it harder to enforce being "on topic". There have been enough complaints over the last week or so that I did start to crack down a little over the weekend and will continue to keep an eye out.

I don't usually read every thread on this board, so dropping me a note does get my attention (as I said, a few people did last week).

thanks admin,

i do realize in the off-season that there isnt much football to be talked about, and sometimes hockey will be brought up in many rebuttals. just so you know, i wasnt questioning your admin responsibilities and duties, in fact i wasnt even referring to you, not that I think you thought that. i think you do a great job regulating this site. i appreciate the response. thanks.

:) NOW I HAVE A QUESTION HOW MANY FANS DID UND AVERAGE FOR FOOTBALL LAST YEAR. DONT YOU ALL THINK THAT KEEPIN NDSU ON THE SCHEDULE IS A GOOD IDEA JUST FOR THE MONEY THEY HAD TO HAVE BROUGHT DAM NEAR DOUBLE THE NORMAL CROWD. THE TICKETS WERE MORE THEN 2 TIMES AS MUCH, THEY DREW MORE THEN THE POST SEASON GAMES I THINK THEY WOULD NEED AS MUCH AS 4-5 MORE HOME GAMES TO MAKE THE SAME AMOUNT RIGHT I MAY BE WRONG. SOME ONE TELL ME WHY WE NDSU ARE NOT PLAYIN YOU. HELL JUST FOR THE MONEY IF NOT OTHER REASON I HEAR THOMAS SAY THEY CAN MAKE THE MONEY WITH OUT NDSU ON THE SCHEDULE PLEASE TELL ME HOW.

You can view 2003 UND home attendance on UND's football statistics site. The Sioux-Bison game is by far the single biggest moneymaker for UND, as it is for NDSU. Some people want it continued, others don't; regardless, the game is definitely on hiatus, and discussion of why has been beaten to death, but can be reviewed in the past few pages of topics including such threads as:

Why UND can't play NDSU

NDSU vs. UND not very likely

NDSU fans are beating a dead horse. It's not going to happen no matter how many Bison cry about it. And about the only thing the ND legislature can really do to try to get UND and NDSU to play is to treaten to slash state funding to the schools if they don't play. So, unless you can get that to happen or an Act of God, NDSU and UND won't play together next year.

timbo:

The knife cuts both ways on your argument.

NDSU would love a home gate next year with UND as the opponent.

Alternatively,

UND has sold out The Alerus Center with someone other than NDSU as the opponent.

I don't believe the same can be said for NDSU and FargoDome. (Correct me if I'm wrong.)

Alternatively,

UND has sold out The Alerus Center with someone other than NDSU as the opponent.

I don't believe the same can be said for NDSU and FargoDome. (Correct me if I'm wrong.)

I beleive you are correct on the NDSU side... but I don't think the Alerus has sold out for any non-NDSU games...

not for the UCD semi game 11696 (capacity 13500)

http://www.fightingsioux.com/sports/footba...001/UNDFB14.HTM

that is the only game of I could think of that would be close... you can check fightingsioux.com ...but I don't think you will find any non-NDSU sellouts.

:lol: i dont believe either of them has had an offical sell out except ndsu selling out with UND has UND EVER sold out either waywith or with out ndsu. also ndsu averages 2-3000 more fans on average now how needs who more?

ps i know ndsu need UND but look at it from only a money stand point who pulls down more money!!!!!

If UND can keep getting good teams to come here to play and get 7,000-8,000 or more in attendence doesn't make sence to do that instead of having the bison come here every other year and lose a home game that one year. Unless the bison want to come here every year. Heck, with their schedule that would be considered a home game only an hour away and could save money by taking a bus instead of flying to east texas community college or something.

If UND can keep getting good teams to come here to play and get 7,000-8,000 or more in attendence doesn't make sence to do that instead of having the bison come here every other year and lose a home game that one year.  Unless the bison want to come here every year.  Heck, with their schedule that would be considered a home game only an hour away and could save money by taking a bus instead of flying to east texas community college or something.

:) HAHAHAHAHAH ;)

Nice Job NickleBoy and Love your Quote Also! ;)

Go Sioux!!