SiouxSports.com Forum

Is it over?

SiouxperDave

no, here's why, they have an easy remaining schedule left. The Sioux could play their worst hockey of the year and still beat MSU-M. UMD is tough and could sweep the Sioux, but MT won't do anything and the Sioux will sweep them......

-----------------------------------------

What does that mean? They finish #2 in the WCHA(tied for 4th last year). They still get a #1 seed for the NCAA tournament(got a #3 seed last year).

I'm not worried yet, if they lose to MSU-M, then I'll start to worry.

Relax Siouxper. i have to believe with the talent on this team they'll have a chance to win it all. CB has got to get this team in the right mindset for the end of the year. (unlike last season) splitting up Parise and Bocehnski would be a nice start.

Last year out collapse started pretty much right after the Holiday Tournament. In our final 18 games (all WCHA games) after the x-mas break, we went 6-8-4. That includes a seven game winless streak where we went 0-5-2. This year after the break we had 20 games remaining (all WCHA games) as of right now we're 7-4-3 with 6 games left. Including 4 games with the last two teams in the WCHA. As long as we take care of Mankato and Tech we'll be alright.

Relax Siouxper. i have to believe with the talent on this team they'll have a chance to win it all. CB has got to get this team in the right mindset for the end of the year. (unlike last season) splitting up Parise and Bocehnski would be a nice start.

Diggler is right ( :) ), there is no reason for the Sioux to panic. Their sched is easy, to say the least, and the talent is all still there (no injuries). A sweep of MSU-M will have the confidence restored and the Sioux playing back at full potential for the series at the DECC. Looking forward to that one!!!!

Diggler is right ( :) ), there is no reason for the Sioux to panic.

Wow. I hadn't even looked at this thread yet, much less posted in it, yet I am right. Thank You. ???

I really wish I would have bought tickets for the UMD series earlier. I think they'll be tied going into the series and probably tied coming out. What a great series that will be.

of course it is over. The Sioux are obviously destined to lose every game for the rest of the year. I mean seriously, they obviously over-achieved and only played a bunch of cupcakes the first part of the year. Now that they're playing quality competition, its really hard to win. Lets just all throw in the towel and start talking about next year. What's that you say? They will swoon again next year, ok well then how about 2006. I'm so looking forward to that season, should be a good one. I just cant wait until they get this losing out of the way already and hand the Gophers the trophy for the next 2 years, so we can all get back to hanging out on the bandwagon. :)

of course it is over. The Sioux are obviously destined to lose every game for the rest of the year. I mean seriously, they obviously over-achieved and only played a bunch of cupcakes the first part of the year. Now that they're playing quality competition, its really hard to win. Lets just all throw in the towel and start talking about next year. What's that you say? They will swoon again next year, ok well then how about 2006. I'm so looking forward to that season, should be a good one. I just cant wait until they get this losing out of the way already and hand the Gophers the trophy for the next 2 years, so we can all get back to hanging out on the bandwagon. :)

Please tell me this post is total sarcasm, and not from some Goopher fan who is out trolling...

Dogz are playing really well and confident. Not to mention beating a team 3 time in a row is tough howabout 4th and 5th times. Sioux really need to shine this weekend to get everybody on a roll going into Duluth.

What happened to Bo knows goals. MIA? He needs to start scoring again. He's got the 2 hardest working forward in the league playing with him, Let's get it going! :)

In response to the subject of this thread ....

Bluto: What?! Over? Did you say over? NOTHING is over until WE decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? HELL, NO!

Otter: Germans?

Boon: Forget it, he's rolling.

Bluto: It ain't over now! For when the goin' gets tough,..............the tough get going! Who's with me!? LET'S GO! C'MON! OOOOOOOOOOOO!

Change "Bluto" to "Diggler", "Otter" to "PCM", and "Boon" to "The Sicatoka" for a real chuckle. :)

Its not over until we say its over. Lets not jump ship just yet. UND still probably has a good a shot to win the McNaughten as the Bull Dogs. Just my HMO.

I think Blaiser will have the team ready to play this week and next week.