SiouxSports.com Forum

Hooker

bincitysioux

I wish all of the players gave the effort and played with the pride that Hooker displays on a nightly basis - it's on another level.  He also is very disciplined for only being a sophomore.  We are lucky to have him.  He's what you want in a competitor and player.  He's the bright spot on an unbelievably disappointing season.

There's no question he is a leader on the team and should be a captain next season.

Hooker might make Big Sky honorable mention this year. Nice player but not one of the best

To sum it up, UND's best player is only honorable mention material in the 28th best league America.

Where is all this great recruiting we heard about? These are now D1 players I've been told.

• Upvote 1

I think Yanku from NAU and Hooker are the two best sophomores I've seen, but then again I haven't seen everybody in the conference play in person.

Might have freshmen of the year candidates from Crandall and Seals too. UND MBB is looking up. If only we had coaching now.

Hooker is clearly our best player, its not even close. My question is what does he have to do in his junior and senior season to get looks from the NBA and possibly being drafted? I think it is probably a long shot beings he doesn't have much height and probably isn't fast enough to overcome that. I just think it is interesting to think about.

Hooker is no doubt a nice player and certainly the best player for UND but his best/only shot at the pros will be overseas, certainly not the NBA (hopefully he proves us wrong, all the better for UND!). You make reference to his height; as Minnesota's Mr. Basketball 2 years ago I think what stopped him from going to a better/bigger college program was his height. Had he been 6'3" I'm not so sure he would of been available to UND.

Might have freshmen of the year candidates from Crandall and Seals too. UND MBB is looking up. If only we had coaching now.

I really hope these two live up to the hype given on here. Who all has seen Crandall play? Wasn't that prolific of a score on DeLaSalle but he didn't have to be because that was a good team. Very underrecruited, don't know if he even had any other D1 offers so I'm just hoping he's half as good as people are expecting!

You never know how a player is going to adjust from high school to college.  Some expectations are met but more often than not they aren't.  Only time will tell in every case and hopefully for us these 2 players met their expectations and go injury free.

I really hope these two live up to the hype given on here. Who all has seen Crandall play? Wasn't that prolific of a score on DeLaSalle but he didn't have to be because that was a good team. Very underrecruited, don't know if he even had any other D1 offers so I'm just hoping he's half as good as people are expecting!

I saw only saw him in the intra- squad game before the start of the season. He was easily the more confident floor general that day, and that as a true freshmen. Apart from his decision making and leadership on the court, he played very well, too, against the more experienced players.

Before we start pinning our future hopes on redshirt's and incoming freshman, lets wait and see who is actually on the roster come September.  The redshirt's need to be eligible after a year of college.

Is what a general comment or do you know that someone is having some grade issues? 

Correct, he didnt have to score on DeLaSalle team. He was the leader though, listen to comments from Austin Coach, and he did score if given the opportunity.  He did score in bunches however in AAU season, and that generally allows a player to show their scoring ability more.

Geno has no academic issues , solid 27 ACT score on first take.  He did have a lot of exposure at De however late growth spurt and did not start as a Junior hurt is recruitment .  Pretty flashy style is a stark contrast to Hookers textbook style.  Will be interesting to see how they mesh.

one of the top 6 sophs

Do you have a list of players in the conference you would take over him? Obviously Harvey, probably Bolomboy, and the transfer at Montana but I honestly cannot think of a lot of other players. The guards from Sac State are nice but I believe Hooker will be better when he's a senior, may even be better now. Senglin from WSU could be put ahead of Hooker too but I have not seen that many players come to the Betty and make me think I would rather have him than Quinton. Yanku from NAU was also impressive but I would definitely take Hooker.

Do you have a list of players in the conference you would take over him? Obviously Harvey, probably Bolomboy, and the transfer at Montana but I honestly cannot think of a lot of other players. The guards from Sac State are nice but I believe Hooker will be better when he's a senior, may even be better now. Senglin from WSU could be put ahead of Hooker too but I have not seen that many players come to the Betty and make me think I would rather have him than Quinton. Yanku from NAU was also impressive but I would definitely take Hooker.J

JRs...., Harvey, Jois,  EW, Bruenig Mont, Bolomboy Weber, Demps Sac st.  Sophs  Senglin, Weber, Yanku No Az,  Players playing about as well Tucker port. st, Wiggs and Arkady ID.Bogdan Bliznyuk from EW.   Micheal NO Colo.   Made this list about   couple weeks ago and Hooker has rattled off 4 of highest scoring games since, and a couple of these players have faded as of late.  I looked at Big Sky Stats as well as the quality of team the player played for.  15ppg for a winning team carries more weight than 15 ppg for a bad team..  As of today I would put Hooker as 5th best Soph behind Senglin ,Yanku, and Dunn and Tucker.  With Senglin and Yanku having a decisive advantage.