SiouxSports.com Forum

Scores around the nation

geaux_sioux

I agree.  Last week I would have said I agree 100% and thought they would roll everyone on the way to #4 in a row.  Now, I agree about 80%.  

However, the UND tolerance level is getting lower and lower.  We expect to be at the same level as FU.  That's a lot to ask, but that is what we expect. 

The Herd has to get the slow starting offense figured out.   If not,  no way does this team go to Frisco. 

The Herd has to get the slow starting offense figured out.

First it was WSU, Montana, and now UNI putting ways to slow down the NDSU offense on tape; now, there's tape on how to attack the NDSU defense courtesy UNI.

What I noticed was the UNI D line staying in their lanes and not allowing Wentz to scramble (breaking pass coverages), forcing him to stand in and pass (against coverage).

So what's the story on UNH and Coastal Carolina? Flash and dash teams? Isn't UNH traditionally power ground game?

First it was WSU, Montana, and now UNI putting ways to slow down the NDSU offense on tape; now, there's tape on how to attack the NDSU defense courtesy UNI.

What I noticed was the UNI D line staying in their lanes and not allowing Wentz to scramble (breaking pass coverages), forcing him to stand in and pass (against coverage).

So what's the story on UNH and Coastal Carolina? Flash and dash teams? Isn't UNH traditionally power ground game?

I agree, but I don't think it has been a secret in how to slow down the NDSU offense the past few years, the problem lies in having the personnel to be able to cover man to man so that you can stack the line of scrimmage to stop the run and even if you do have that formula on defense you have to have an offense capable of moving the ball and getting first downs and staying on the field long enough to let your defense rest from the pounding they take from the NDSU offensive line, full backs, tight ends, and even their receivers.....they are pretty formidable and you have to have a lot of things go right to beat them. UNI bullied the bully yesterday.

Certainly stopping the run is goal number one to have a chance to beat the ac.  But to deliver the beat down that UNI did, they were also able to do a couple of other things.

Superior on special teams.

Locked down the passing game.  The ac receivers had difficulty getting separation.  When they did, Wentz missed open receivers.  When he did hit them, there were key drops.  When everything clicked, there was a penalty.

Stopping the run is where it all starts to have a shot, but UNI did that and more for a 20pt win.

Certainly stopping the run is goal number one to have a chance to beat the ac. But to deliver the beat down that UNI did, they were also able to do a couple of other things.

Superior on special teams.

Locked down the passing game. The ac receivers had difficulty getting separation. When they did, Wentz missed open receivers. When he did hit them, there were key drops. When everything clicked, there was a penalty.

Stopping the run is where it all starts to have a shot, but UNI did that and more for a 20pt win.

They have very good CBs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHWxi2B9YMg&feature=player_embedded

I don't care what level of football this is...the team celebration and what-happened-next made me laugh out loud...

Yes, I know it's Mercer vs Warner but this had to go somewhere...love the official standing there waiting for the "bowling pins" to get knocked down so he can throw the yellow flag. LOL!

• Upvote 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHWxi2B9YMg&feature=player_embedded

I don't care what level of football this is...the team celebration and what-happened-next made me laugh out loud...

Yes, I know it's Mercer vs Warner but this had to go somewhere...love the official standing there waiting for the "bowling pins" to get knocked down so he can throw the yellow flag. LOL!

Now THAT is FUNNY!