SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux at Badgers

sioux fan in phoenix

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Duluth tied tonight so we don't lose #1 in the WCHA.

We made some mistakes, but UW just made each shot count. I don't know what will happen poll wise.... Will we still be in the top 5? Our W-L record isn't bad, neither is our PWR or our SOS, but we can't stay in the top 3 after a weep, can we?

Duluth tied tonight so we don't lose #1 in the WCHA.

We made some mistakes, but UW just made each shot count. I don't know what will happen poll wise.... Will we still be in the top 5? Our W-L record isn't bad, neither is our PWR or our SOS, but we can't stay in the top 3 after a weep, can we?

Sioux will slip to #2 in the PWR, which is really the only criteria that matters.

I really don't care where we are in the polls. In fact, I'll be glad to have UND out of the top spot. All that matters now is how the Sioux respond to this next weekend.

Were you the one who talked about how UND could benefit by not being #1? Or was that someone else? I don't remember.

Oy, I'm not going to USCHO message boards for a while. The Chris Conner fans and the Gopher fans are probably having a hayday.

There is some deja vu. If we outshoot Mankato two weeks hence 55-13 and lose, then the season is doomed and essentially over.

Unless and until that happens, this team still deserves our unflagging support.

Wisconsin is a damned solid team. They were playing at home with their backs to the wall. We poured 43 shots on a good goalie.

We have good goalies too. Unless any of you are willing to heckle our boys from our seats at The Ralph, I do not think it serves any purpose to do so with the anonymity that this board offers.

Unless any of you are willing to heckle our boys from our seats at The Ralph, I do not think it serves any purpose to do so with the anonymity that this board offers.

Speaking of The Ralph, I think it's safe to say that the intensity level in that place will up about 10 notches next weekend.

When the team is extremely talented but underperforms, we ought to be allowed to voice some criticism. In those rare years where the Sioux are truly rebuilding (like when they field 11 freshmen in a game), only then will I agree they deserve better.

Blais says the first goal should have counted. The ref didn't even talk to the goal judge about it. The goal judge said it should have counted, according to Blais.

Blais said the guys played better tonight than Friday. Goaltending was the difference.

Blais said one thing we got straightened out was overall play. He's confident they can still win the league.

Unfortunately, the goal Brandt gave up early in the third was the back-breaker.

Blais said they played with good team speed and intensity. We accomplished all our objectives except winning the game.

Blais expects to drop from top spot to number-three. He's not panicing. He says the Sioux showed good character and intensity tonight.

Blais sounds like he has a cold.

Edited by PCM

Speaking of The Ralph, I think it's safe to say that the intensity level in that place will up about 10 notches next weekend.

It better be. They need to win twice next week. CC isn't a great team and UND needs to prove it. They need good goaltending and need to convert on everything.

TH is talking about the no-call...wonders if it may have been the momentum shift we would have needed.

So...any thoughts on who's in goal against CC on Friday?

(I'd hate to be on the ride home from WI....yikes.....)

My guess is Brandt gets the nod. CC looks to sweep this weekend and is another team playing with their backs against the wall. Players feel they have to sweep out for any chance at NCAA birth. Of course, their motivation is playing at home.

Should be a good test for the Sioux. Gotta love WCHA hockey. No easy ones in this league. Look at Duluth tonight.

Gonna be a great finish!!!!!

NDH, you in ND next weekend?