SiouxSports.com Forum

Things to look forward to

geaux_sioux

I am looking forward to a team that plays with heart and passion from opening kickoff to the final whistle blows at the end of the game.  And I think Bubba is well on his way on making sure this is a priority.  These last few years have been rough and the fanbase and maybe some of the players are down on the program.  I am hoping Bubba can bring back a sense of pride in this program and put a team on the field we can all be proud off.  No one is saying it is going to be easy, but I am deffinitely looking forward to wathcing a team on the filed that works had on every snap, every play, hustles to make every tackle, and puts forth an effort for an entire game.  Win or lose.

I am looking forward to a team that doesn't give up, that knows the game isn't over until the final whistle blows and give it 100%. No goofing off when you are getting blow out, don't lose the game due to stupid mistakes like penalties, and play sound football. I believe Bubba can take this team like Roger Thomas did almost 30 years earlier and make them the best team not just in the state of ND, not just in the Big Sky Conference but in the FCS world. One game at a time, and climb out of the hole.

I certainly liked the tone Bubba took in the paper today - we have some areas we need to improve in and we will work hard to do that.  So much more refreshing than the toe to toe crap we used to hear.  I really believe Bubba has an accurate handle on how this team performed and we will improve greatly during the season.  That's what coaching is all about.  

I am looking forward to a team that doesn't give up, that knows the game isn't over until the final whistle blows and give it 100%. No goofing off when you are getting blow out, don't lose the game due to stupid mistakes like penalties, and play sound football. I believe Bubba can take this team like Roger Thomas did almost 30 years earlier and make them the best team not just in the state of ND, not just in the Big Sky Conference but in the FCS world. One game at a time, and climb out of the hole.

I agree.  I can't stand teams that quit.  Things won't be pretty this year, I'm not fooling myself about that.  But, discipline on and off the field...sidelines too.  That is a step in the right direction.  

… Faison wanting UND football to succeed. Drop some other useless athletic teams and relocate the appropriate funding to football, if that's what it takes. The UND faithful deserves and wants to see a winning football team, because that's what UND is capable of if the administration puts their mind to it.

• Upvote 1

App St. got $1M to go to the Big House yesterday...that helps fund a lot of athletic programs.

Soooo glad I could sleep easy after that game yesterday (yes, I'm a Wolverine football fan and have been since I was about 6 years old). I think I barfed after Michigan lost to App State in 2007.