SiouxSports.com Forum

Big Sky Scores & News

bincitysioux

So they sold out their stadium instead of moving it all the way to the other side of the state 266 miles to play in a city that doesn't care about the FCS. Thats not what I am talking about. Nice try.

My point was needing more capacity. If EWU had a 30,000 seat stadium, they would have still drawn 10,000 against SHSU.

My point was needing more capacity. If EWU had a 30,000 seat stadium, they would have still drawn 10,000 against SHSU.

I should hope so they have 11,000 in the city. I said if GF had 100,000 and talent as good as NDSU or EWU and in an FBS conference they could get 30k

The speed limit in Montana is 75, I'm hoping they increase it to 80 like Wyoming. you can get away with 80 here. The highway Patrol and Sheriffs don't drive 75 in Montana.

Assuming you're doing 80 MPH's, you're still not making Missoula-to-Bozeman in 2 hours flat.

I should hope so they have 11,000 in the city. I said if GF had 100,000 and talent as good as NDSU or EWU and in an FBS conference they could get 30k

And if Ann Arbor doubled its population, Michigan Stadium could be renovated to hold 200,000...

How bout one..just one win vs a FBS team before this silly talk about potentially going FBS.

Let's start with that!

Agreed. UND's athletic administration needs to show that they're even serious about winning at the FCS level, first. Even if everything goes according to plan, it will take two to three years before UND is competing for a conference championship. 

Saturday's Big Sky scores (NO FBS WINS)

Nevada 28  - Southern Utah 19

Wyoming 17 -  Montana 12

Oregon State 29 - Portland State 14

Stanford 45 - UC Davis 0

Arkansas State 37 - Montana State 10

San Diego State 38 - Northern Arizona 7

Sacramento State 49 - Incarnate Word 13  ---------> FWIW, NDSU will end up crushing Incarnate Word

Eastern Washington 41 - Montana Western 9

Saturday's Big Sky scores (NO FBS WINS)

Sacramento State 49 - Incarnate Word 13  ---------> FWIW, NDSU will end up crushing Incarnate Word

Maybe Ricky Williams will sneak into the game for Incarnate Word.

http://www.mlive.com/opinion/ann-arbor/index.ssf/2013/12/editorial_moving_divisions_a_c_1.html

An article about Eastern Michigan and moving down...I wonder what their attendance was today at home on the new turf...

Former FCS member UMass played its Super Bowl today against Boston College. 30,000 (that's 38,000 below capacity) ame to Gillette Stadium to see the Minutemen get waxed 30-7.

How's that FBS move looking now?

http://www.mlive.com/opinion/ann-arbor/index.ssf/2013/12/editorial_moving_divisions_a_c_1.html

An article about Eastern Michigan and moving down...I wonder what their attendance was today at home on the new turf...

Former FCS member UMass played its Super Bowl today against Boston College. 30,000 (that's 38,000 below capacity) ame to Gillette Stadium to see the Minutemen get waxed 30-7.

How's that FBS move looking now?

So UND would play their games in Bemidji?   Amherst (where the campus is) is 92 miles from Boston where Gillette Stadium is.  And doesn't Boston have another college called Boston College? How many people in Boston care about UMass. (kinda like your Eastern Michigan argument)

So UND would play their games in Bemidji? Amherst (where the campus is) is 92 miles from Boston where Gillette Stadium is. And doesn't Boston have another college called Boston College? How many people in Boston care about UMass. (kinda like your Eastern Michigan argument)

Why don't you ask UMass folks, darell? It was their big vision of FBS money falling from the sky and a huge rivalry with BC that was supposed to put them on the map.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2013/12/26/moving-was-big-time-mistake-for-umass-football/8Zh7LNm9RkrxgumwLLZOkO/story.html

Why don't you ask UMass folks, darell? It was their big vision of FBS money falling from the sky and a huge rivalry with BC that would put them on the map.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gillette_Stadium#College_football

As part of the UMass football program's move to Division I FBS, the Minutemen played all of their home games at Gillette Stadium for at least the 2012 and 2013 seasons. The stadium is 95 miles away from the UMass campus in Amherst--the longest trip of any FBS member. However, the Minutemen's on-campus stadium, Warren McGuirk Alumni Stadium, was not suitable for FBS football in its present configuration. Its small size (17,000 seats) would have made it prohibitively difficult to meet FBS average attendance requirements, and its press box and replay facilities were well below Mid-American Conference standards. Additionally, several nonconference teams would not even consider playing games in Amherst. McGuirk Stadium is being upgraded to FBS standards and will be ready for play again in 2014, but the Minutemen's current deal with the Kraft Group calls for the Minutemen to play four of their home games in Foxborough from 2014 to 2016 in exchange for keeping part of the revenue from ticket sales.

Your UMass example is nothing like my example. GF 100,000 people with talent like EWU (winning for years) plus a stadium at 30k.  Did I mention its the year 2020+

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gillette_Stadium#College_football

Your UMass example is nothing like my example. GF 100,000 people with talent like EWU (winning for years) plus a stadium at 30k. Did I mention its the year 2020+

I gave you a schoolin' on Duke/Alabama...do you really think I didn't know why UMass was playing in Foxboro?

If UND goes FBS and gets either a new stadium or a Memorial Stadium upgrade they should target that number 30-35k.

Whats funny is this is the post where the FBS talk started. Read slowly and carefully. I did NOT say, UND should go FBS now, I said "if UND goes FBS".  Again I did not say UND should go FBS now or 5 years or 10 years, I said "if UND goes FBS".  Understand now MafiaMan or are you going to go around in circles again and piss everyone else off on this board?

Whats funny is this is the post where the FBS talk started. Read slowly and carefully. I did NOT say, UND should go FBS now, I said "if UND goes FBS". Again I did not say UND should go FBS now or 5 years or 10 years, I said "if UND goes FBS". Understand now MafiaMan or are you going to go around in circles again and piss everyone else off on this board?

I thought you were done several posts ago...

• Upvote 2