SiouxSports.com Forum

2014-2015 NHL Season

MafiaMan

Vanek's three-year contract carries an annual NHL salary-cap charge of $6.5 million and will pay him $5.5 million in 2014-15, $6.5 million in 2015-16, and $7.5 million in 2016-17, when he will be 33 years old.

I guess I don't see the hype in Vanek.

Dubnyk about scored on himself.

The answer? What was the question again?

There are plenty of Gopher fans wanting Phil Kessel back in the fold too.

Sounded like everyone wanted him so bad he had to be the answer to something.

I can't believe Chicago gave up a 2015 2nd round pick and a conditional 2016 4th round pick for Kimmo Timonen. That pick is two Chicago wins away from being a 3rd round pick (assuming Timonen has played in 1/2 of the 1st and 2nd round games - and I believe he has).

I can't believe Chicago gave up a 2015 2nd round pick and a conditional 2016 4th round pick for Kimmo Timonen. That pick is two Chicago wins away from being a 3rd round pick (assuming Timonen has played in 1/2 of the 1st and 2nd round games - and I believe he has).

I think they stopped playing him in the 2nd.

As I said when it happened...terrible signing by the Wild.

He makes some plays that you wonder wow how did he pull that off and he will also make some that you wonder what the heck was he thinking. He was brought in primarily as another scorer and after a very slow start his production wasn't too bad with 21 goals and 31 assists. Some people freak out over every little thing with him and I think those people had the expectation that he was gonna come in and be the best player on the team which wasn't realistic at this point in his career. For me he has produced pretty much the way I thought he would and I don't mind him at all although at times he does get a little lazy which is frustrating.

2nd period of this game.

Ice time wasn't part of the criteria. Timonen could be a scratch the rest of this series and that 4th rounder still becomes a 3rd rounder as long as Chicago wins it.

Then it gets crazier because it could become a 2nd rounder if Chicago wins the WCF and Timonen plays 1/2 of the games in that series.

Potentially two 2nd round picks for a guy who is retiring when this season ends. Not too shabby for Philadelphia.

Biggest key for the Wild the rest of the series is to cut down on the giveaways. Way too many giveaways through the first 2 games especially tonight and many of them are coming in the defensive zone or just outside the defensive blue line. The Blackhawks are a very good transition team you can't afford to just keep giving the puck away.

Ice time wasn't part of the criteria. Timonen could be a scratch the rest of this series and that 4th rounder still becomes a 3rd rounder as long as Chicago wins it.

Then is gets crazier because it could become a 2nd rounder if Chicago wins the WCF and Timonen plays 1/2 of the games in that series.

I guess Chicago doesn't care.

I like Timonen a lot but they got absolutely hornswaggled in that trade.

Hard to say ... if only because this may be their last run at the Cup with this core group of players.   If they win, it was worth it.   (Saad needs to get paid, Hossa not getting any younger, Toews and Kane will cost another $8 or so combined next year. etc. etc.)

If I have a problem with the Hawks moves at the trade deadline, it might be a first rounder for Vermette, who now has exactly one goal.   Yeah he eats up some ice time, but this is another hornswaggled trade in my book.

PS Fascinating that Kane's injury ... which trickled into the playoffs ... allowed the Hawks to add a couple players without going over the salary cap.