SiouxSports.com Forum

Regional Head Coach Annual Salary

UND-FB-FAN

Brad Bigler! :D

in serious though (although I am slightly with Bigler) if Jones did leave for WIU, which is a long shot to me, A few for me would be

Forbes from Wichita State (biggest assistant coach to head coach jobs)

Ben Johnson from Minnesota (Miles ties and UNI ties)

Matt Margenthaler from Mankato (excellent head coach, although D-II. Father was WIU and SIU-E head coach)

But who would we get if he did?

Hopefully a coach that gets us OOC wins (crown College doesn't count), a coach that gets us a 20 win season, and a coach that can keep his team consistent. I suppose Travis Brewster can't coach both teams. ;)

Hopefully a coach that gets us OOC wins (crown College doesn't count), a coach that gets us a 20 win season, and a coach that can keep his team consistent. I suppose Travis Brewster can't coach both teams. ;)

I think a coach who gets UND into the conference tournament, has them in the running to host it and gives the team a chance win games in it are the most important thing since the Big Sky will almost always be a one bid league. Everything you mentioned doesn't amount to much if the team flops in conference play.

Coach Jones is required to play money games on the road. Playing on road is not easy especially when you consider how this team has to travel (buses, etc,). You can draw a parallel with UNI which finished the year 16-15 and 10-8 in MVC. Jake's record in ooc road games is not so hot either. The difference is UNI "gets" to play home games. Not an easy place to recruit to. Limited resources. I could go on.

Coach Jones is required to play money games on the road. Playing on road is not easy especially when you consider how this team has to travel (buses, etc,). You can draw a parallel with UNI which finished the year 16-15 and 10-8 in MVC. Jake's record in ooc road games is not so hot either. The difference is UNI "gets" to play home games. Not an easy place to recruit to. Limited resources. I could go on.

While all of what you wrote is true, I think recent history has shown that when former NCC schools have strong groups of juniors and seniors, they can win 20 plus games, and you're not going to do that without winning a few non-conference games on the road, or at least on a neutral court. SDSU won 27 and 25 games in Wolters' junior and senior years. NDSU won 26 this year. UNC won 21 a couple of years ago. Coming into the season, I had hoped UND could win 20 plus, but of course that didn't happen. Obviously it's extremely difficult to know how much of the failure to do so was due to Brekke's absence, and how much was due to other factors. In any event, it's very unfortunate because you only get a large and talented group of upper classmen so often. Who knows when it might happen again for UND.