SiouxSports.com Forum

Ebay Crap Hall of FAME - ie the home of garbage no one wants...http://

gfNDfan

Is it even legal for a NCAA student athlete to sell a NCAA ring? Obviously if it sells it will be a ndsu booster who buys it.

You're assuming that it's a current student athlete. Someone with no eligibility left -- no issue.

Not sure if coaches could sell them.

Well I know rodger's was a senior on the team. But if his scholarship is still paying for his current schooling?

Oh, I doubt he's still in school.

He's probably busy reporting to NFL clubs after the combines.

Or, CFL?

Arena football?

Serbian Republic League Football?

I'm sure selling your NCAA ring is part of the ROI of an ndsu education....along with his eloquent item description. At least he has his college degree to serve him in the future...wait...he didn't graduate? SHOCKER!!!! :ohmy: :ohmy:

I'm sure selling your NCAA ring is part of the ROI of an ndsu education....along with his eloquent item description. At least he has his college degree to serve him in the future...wait...he didn't graduate? SHOCKER!!!! :ohmy: :ohmy:

Someone is sad that my degree will be worth a substantial amount more than his ;)

Honestly though... Dumb to even consider selling that ring.

You can't make this s*** up! You could sense this was a violation from 70 miles away. He's forced to pull the auction off eBay. Who at ndsu reads this board? Because I doubt they found his auction posting on their own. But gene Taylor determines he didn't break any compliance rules so "get off this kid's back!". And he was one of the 13 current players from this season's team involved with petition fraud last year.

Guy sounds like a real winner. Too bad there's no more rings for him to win;) hope he can clean up his act as an adult because moo u obviously hasn't helped him do so.

You can't make this s*** up! You could sense this was a violation from 70 miles away. He's forced to pull the auction off eBay. Who at ndsu reads this board? Because I doubt they found his auction posting on their own. But gene Taylor determines he didn't break any compliance rules so "get off this kid's back!". And he was one of the 13 current players from this season's team involved with petition fraud last year.

Guy sounds like a real winner. Too bad there's no more rings for him to win;) hope he can clean up his act as an adult because moo u obviously hasn't helped him do so.

NCAA- violation

GT- not a violation

I think the NCAA needs to give Taylor a refresher course on the rules of the NCAA.

I'm guessing it was not a violation because he did not sell it. Who in their right mind would pay that money for a fcs championship ring anyway?

Remember though ndsu has such a great track record with roi for the cost of schooling. If Rodgers is under scholarship and as a future ndsu grad he should land a better than average job, why does he need to attempt to sell his rings?