SiouxSports.com Forum

Big Sky Tournament Format

kingranch

no I do not wish, I am just saying you guys well never have big attendance numbers in conference tourneys, too far to travel.

While I do see your point and it can be inconvenience for the fans, I prefer that the regular season winner actually gets an advantage. It makes the regular season worth something.

While I do see your point and it can be inconvenience for the fans, I prefer that the regular season winner actually gets an advantage. It makes the regular season worth something.

This I agree with. The regular season champ should get to host the tournament.

I do agree that the regular season champ should host the conference tournament. I just know that the only way I will ever go to a Big Sky conference tournament is if it is in Grand Forks. If we were in the Summit I would go to Sioux Falls every year and if they changed it to the regular season champ than I would go to Vermillion, Brookings, Fargo, Grand Forks and maybe even Omaha.

ABSOLUTELY, however it is way more important for und to win the regular season for attendance reasons than the core of big sky schools because of distance to travel. Montanas, EWU, Portland, Idaho, Weber, SUU, Etc. all have relatively shorter distances to drive to the conference tourney, unless it is in grand forks.

Thank you, I am not trying to be a dick, you guys had a lot of talent and depth. Kids get up for games when there is great crowd support.

so you are saying that UND was not up for the game in Utah. I think otherwise, and that is why winning the conference is important. Because they could host the game in the future - much like the ladies did yesterday. It is a great way to build the program. Quick question, how full would have the FD been for NDSU this week?

so you are saying that UND was not up for the game in Utah. I think otherwise, and that is why winning the conference is important. Because they could host the game in the future - much like the ladies did yesterday. It is a great way to build the program. Quick question, how full would have the FD been for NDSU this week?

They don't play in the fargodome, they play in the bsa, and I would say full to the rafters.

I just want to go back to the old days with all the schools on I-29. Don't get me wrong I like the Big Sky but I would like it a lot more with all the Dakota schools in it.

If UND was in the same conference as the SU's and USD I would rather play with the Montana's and Weber State than with Western Illinois, and the Indiana teams.

UND

NDSU

USD

SDSU

UM

MSU

WSU

UNO

DU

UNC

This would be a great conference if we could mix and match teams in a conference.

I know. UND fans love their new rivals in the Big Sky. UM, MSU, EW, Weber, etc. Did you get 2000 fans to any of those games this year?

We sure do love the Big Sky. We get to play great new opponents that you mentioned plus we still play all the Dakota schools, but don't have to deal with the rest of the ugliness in the Summit. Best of both worlds.

• Upvote 1

We sure do love the Big Sky. We get to play great new opponents that you mentioned plus we still play all the Dakota schools, but don't have to deal with the rest of the ugliness in the Summit. Best of both worlds.

Tom Douple- Captain Ugly!!

• Upvote 2

You are the one that said it is "too bad" that Denver can't be traded for North Dakota. Obviously you desire North Dakota to be in the Summit. Most of us here don't feel that way.

Too bad for you.......

No, I was saying it on your behalf, because I think your programs would benefit attendance wise. I also think Denver fits in the big sky footprint better.

Let's see This is our 2nd year in full fledged D1. This is our 2nd year in the Big Sky.. We won the Big Sky in Volleyball this year. We finished 2nd in the Big Sky in men's basketball. We won the Big Sky in women's basketball this year. And by the way we are going to the Big Dance in women's basketball. Not a bad 2nd year. And for a little icing, we beat the Bison in Volleyball, Women's basketball, soccer, and yes, Men's basketball too. What league are the Bison in. Is it the Summit. We are not envious of the Summit. Bison fans don't need to worry about UND. We are doing just fine in the Big Sky. You guys need to spend more time trying to figure out how to beat UND when you play us, and a lot less time trying to convince UND fans we shouldn't be happy in the Big Sky. We are very happy in the Big Sky. Hope you enjoy your trips to the alphabet schools. You have some really exciting locations in the Summit. Impressive.

That is just fine, I guess, however it would have been nice if some of your teams fans could have been in attendance during all of these accomplishments. I do however like the format of the conference champ hosting the tournament, that worked out nicely for wbb.

Once again you don't need to worry the enjoyment UND fans are having. We are having a lot of fun. Maybe you didn't know this but we have of all our contests on the road in all sports available on video. We are able to watch them ALL. You should of been in Grand Forks yesterday. We just watched our women punch a ticket to the Dance. We absolutely love that the conference champs hosts the tournament at the end of the year. The Big Sky is great. Quit worrying about us. When you look at the total picture, overall the Big Sky situation it is much better than the Summit. Remember the Summit is the conference NDSU wanted to get into bad.

There is a lot more to the big picture than one seed in one sport in one year. There a lot of varying factors. Like I said, it is the conference NDSU would of killed to get into. I believe NDSU tried a couple of times to get into it. You are right. The Big Sky is a whole .lot more stable. You have one fact right.

Ndsu wanted to get in with Sdsu as a travel partner, right now und is to the big sky what Alaska anchorage was to the wcha. no travel partner way outside the footprint.