SiouxSports.com Forum

Gophers Wisconsin

Fetch

I heard on the tv that the Gophers had no 5-5 goals; I'm still amazed how well the UND special teams performed against the Gophers.

Hopefully the Sioux will be able to handle the Badgers as easily in Madison next weekend.

3PP & one 4X4

UND will absolutely kill UW next weekend. UW is faster than last year but still not as fast as MN. I haven't seen UND live so it's hard to judge, but from what I saw on TV they are at least as fast as MN. UW won very few races for the puck.

Edit - UW's PP is horrible - they were lucky to get one good chance per PP and MN had several good shorty chances. UW also sags on the penalty kill, which allows skilled teams to move the puck at will.

I can't say I was very impressed by Wisco last night. Minnie played at about the same tempo as when they played us, and Wisco was getting beat to the puck and giving it up at crucial times. Minnie looked pretty solid overall, and Wisco was just outplayed and outhustled most of the time. Bruckler played well and kept the score lower than it should have been, considering how many times Minnie was right on top of him. If they keep playing like that the rest of the season, they may fall out of the WCHA top 5.

I can't say I was very impressed by Wisco last night. Minnie played at about the same tempo as when they played us, and Wisco was getting beat to the puck and giving it up at crucial times. Minnie looked pretty solid overall, and Wisco was just outplayed and outhustled most of the time. Bruckler played well and kept the score lower than it should have been, considering how many times Minnie was right on top of him. If they keep playing like that the rest of the season, they may fall out of the WCHA top 5.

I taped the game and watched it when I got home. I felt that same way about it.

Wisco looked like they were very tired and slow for some reason. Tonight's game is a big one for Wisco, I don't think they want to get swept and have UND coming into their building next weekend.

The Wisco PK is the most unaggressive I've ever seen. Stand still PK with the box backed in right in front of the net. The MN points were inside the top of the faceoff circles much of the time. and still had all kinds of room . Results show how bad it is, 3 PPG's for MN.

The Wisco PK is the most unaggressive I've ever seen. Stand still PK with the box backed in right in front of the net. The MN points were inside the top of the faceoff circles much of the time. and still had all kinds of room . Results show how bad it is, 3 PPG's for MN.

I can already see Parise attacking that penalty kill next week. It will be fun to watch.

How far back does Sconny sag? At time it seemed UW's players were more of a problem to Brukler than the Gophers. As I mentioned, as bad as UW's PK is its PP is worse. I bet MN gets a shorty tonight and would bet UND gets more than one shorty next weekend.

How far back does Sconny sag?

And it's not only the sagging but also the locked in place. They don't take away shooting or passing lanes, and uncontested screened shots (PK'ers providing the screen) have a good chance of going in; Wisco couldn't have won as much as they have playing the PK the way they did last night. Will be interesting to see if they make changes tonight. Maybe they're just scared to death of the MN PP :)

Have you seen Tech's PK unit?? They pretty much just pack it right in and hope the netminder is sharp.

And it's not only the sagging but also the locked in place. They don't take away shooting or passing lanes, and uncontested screened shots (PK'ers providing the screen) have a good chance of going in; Wisco couldn't have won as much as they have playing the PK the way they did last night. Will be interesting to see if they make changes tonight. Maybe they're just scared to death of the MN PP :)

Yeah, but Sagasaur (or whatever his name is) says they really get after the PP unit when they turn his back. All Minnesota did was throw the puck straight across the middle to the player camped at the right corner of the net. The UW players would never even touch the puck.

I bet MN gets a shorty tonight and would bet UND gets more than one shorty next weekend.

Ok, I'm giving myself credit for this one. ;) Waibel scores one second after Koalka's penalty expires - and Koalska was barely back on the ice. That's a shorty in my world.

Bad news is MN gives up a shorty as well... :)...but still gets the win against Bucky 3-2.

We did it with ease last year, and that was after sucking it up for two months.

I am hoping of course UND can do it again. UofW seems to be stumbling right now and I hope UND's can take advantage of their speed to gut out two wins.

UW brought a very good effort tonight. It was the best I'd seen them play in about eight times seeing them this year, including their 3pt effort against the Gophs in Madison. They sorely lack finishers.

The Gophers really played well in the third, limiting the Badgers to one shot on net and really only one good chance after the Badgers had pulled their goalie.

I don't see how the Badgers will score against the Sioux. Two of their goals this weekend were two breakaways off careless Gophers turnovers, I don't see the Sioux making the same mistakes.

I'd pick the Sioux to sweep in low scoring games.