SiouxSports.com Forum

UND vs. Northern Colorado

UNDsportsFANATIC

Very interesting year. After all the middle of the season turbulence we are seeded right where everyone predicted us to be and I would never had thought that 10-12 games ago. Last night was a team that found a way to win once again when it looked like a 15 point 2nd half lead was not good enough. Huff, Anderson and Nash played great on the offensive end and I thought Calcaterra turned in one of his best games with 6 points and a huge block that led to a fast break for us. I do not want to have to face this team in the first round as they are so dangerous with a great offense they run. Now that we know we have avoided Weber till the finals its time to tighten up the defense and make our March to the dance. Go Sioux

First hald was one of the best basketball I have seen this team play all year. IF we can play near that type of basketball in the Big Sky Tourney we are going to be tough to beat. Even against Weber. Great to see this team play well again at the end of the season. Taking a cue from our hockey team I guess!!

Some interesting numbers from the game last night:

In the first half, UND shoots better from the field (79%, 19-24) than the the free throw line (78%, 14-18)

UNC shoots 60% for the game slightly outpacing UND's 58%

UND doubled up UNC on both the offensive glass (13-6) and overall (33-16)

UND outscore UNC in the paint 42-38

Three pointers didn't fall in the second half for UND (0-5) after looking good in the first half (4-6)

First hald was one of the best basketball I have seen this team play all year. IF we can play near that type of basketball in the Big Sky Tourney we are going to be tough to beat. Even against Weber. Great to see this team play well again at the end of the season. Taking a cue from our hockey team I guess!!

As the end of February turns into the beginning of March, Brian Jones has his team playing its best basketball of the season. Again.

That is 4 wins in a row. Just need 4 more...