SiouxSports.com Forum

Fighting Sioux Coaches Show

PCM

Disclaimer: This is a summary of the weekly Fighting Sioux Coaches how. It is NOT a verbatim transcript of the show. Comments by the show's hosts and the coaches are paraphrased to the best of the author's ability and are NOT direct quotes. This summary contains selected highlights from the show and is NOT a comprehensive account of all topics covered or discussed. This broadcast summary represents the interpretation of the author and is not associated in any manner with SiouxSports.com, the University of North Dakota or US College Hockey Online. This summary MAY NOT BE REPRODUCED without the written permission of the author.

Live from Joe DiMaggio's Restaurant in beautiful downtown Grand Forks. Tim Hennessy and Scott Swygman are the hosts with Coach Dean Blais.

Blais said called George Gwozdecky at Denver and told him to have his players dress warmly because of the cold weather here. George thought Dean was trying to do a North Dakota psyche-out on him. Blais said it was -24 here during the day. George asked if that was with wind chill. Blais said, no, that's the air temperature.

Blais said it would have been nice to tie the game on Saturday against Minnesota. The Sioux now have three home series and three away series. Early in the season, the last half of the year looked like a real grind, but now it doesn't look too bad.

There was a lot of discussion about the waved off goal near the end of Saturday

Blais said it's in the past and they have to move on and take care of the future. He mentioned that the players go online and debate whether it was a good goal or not.

That's interesting....

(I don't know how to do the fancy quote in a box copy, sorry)

Dagies are you really one of the Parise brothers in disguise? :glare:

Thanks you are the best PCM I know!!!

(I don't know how to do the fancy quote in a box copy, sorry)

You fell down the stairs at the Old Ralph a couple too many times there. All youse got to do is click that fancy little quote button in the corner above the post you want to quote. Parise, you aren't to smrat are you? :huh:

Let's just say you wouldn't see too many resemblances if you saw us next to each other. But put me in a uniform on the ice and you might have some difficulty telling us apart. HaHaHaHaHa!

I crack myself up sometimes.... :huh:

Oops, you beat me to the punch, Diggler.

If some of them do come here, it would probably be someone who:

1) doesn't post on the weekends (obviously);

2) has under 1,000 posts--probably under 500 for that matter--which excludes my presumption that Redwing was a power forward for the green & white :huh: ;

3) vehemently hates the Gophers (which is 99% of us);

4) defends the team & rarely, if ever, criticizes their performance;

5) whose username is a certain player (maybe).

Who knows, I'm just bored & curious :glare:

I was wondering the same thing, if players come on here and debate things.

Blais wasn't really clear about that. They might be debating among themselves online or with players on other teams. There are chat rooms and instant messaging services where such debates could occur.

I guess I'd be surprised if any players were posting in the debates here. I know that at least some of the Sioux players read this board, which is almost a waste of time. :glare:

Let's just say you wouldn't see too many resemblances if you saw us next to each other. But put me in a uniform on the ice and you might have some difficulty telling us apart. HaHaHaHaHa!

I crack myself up sometimes.... :huh:

I think what Dagies is saying here is that if you put Zach Parise and Brady Murray in Jordan Parise's goalie gear, goalie skates, with a goalie stick. Then put Dagies on their right wing in regular hockey gear, you'd have some difficulty telling them apart in terms of their skating stride and shot. Even in those conditions I think Dagies is overly optimistic in his hockey abilities. :lol:

I think what Dagies is saying here is that if you put Zach Parise and Brady Murray in Jordan Parise's goalie gear, goalie skates, with a goalie stick. Then put Dagies on their right wing in regular hockey gear, you'd have some difficulty telling them apart in terms of their skating stride and shot. Even in those conditions I think Dagies is overly optimistic in his hockey abilities. ;)

No, I think if you put me at Center, you would have difficulty telling the difference between me and a goalie. (who just stands there, or better yet, flops).

:lol:

I agree. I would think it surprising to find the players actually debating with the fans whether a call was made correctly or not...

Hey Dags I would actually question that one. Maybe on the UofM web site. Hum, maybe it was Jake Taylor calling Mike P a goon and a hack...

Hey Dags I would actually question that one. Maybe on the UofM web site. Hum, maybe it was Jake Taylor calling Mike P a goon and a hack...

Naw. I wouldn't give Taylor credit for the solid spelling skills displayed in that scurrilous post. Taylor, like most other UM guys, is in the Genril Kolluge at the U.

No aviators over there.