SiouxSports.com Forum

SWSiouxMN

Schuler plays the 4 and he should be playing the 2 like he did his freshman year. They started him at the 2 several games ago for Anderson and he averaged almost 10 pts/game at the 2 and then they moved him back to the 4 where he is undersized and playing underneath and is difficult for him to shoot over guys 5" taller than him. He is best at the 2 or 3. Game was lost by the turnovers starting the 2nd half and then it continued thru the entire half by the point guards.

I realize he should be playing the 2 but Jones doesn't apparently. Still believe Stefan playing over Schuler would be better for this team.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

wow - the refs are losing control in this game... in OT and they call a tech on Sac with 15 seconds left now they just called a tech on Weber with 6 seconds left... plus this radio guy is a complete homer for Sac St. I think Sac St is going to pull this out.

Wow you guys have got to watch the last 2 minutes of this game... it is nuts.. Sac St. I think just won it with a 3/4 court bomb with .6 left in the game... crazy game..

I turned it on when the OT started. It was nuts. Craziest thing I think I've ever seen in a basketball game......

The app is pretty sweet too. Just watched that final possession...... Schuler needs to shoot that, it's the only reason he's on the team. Shooters need to shoot and he had a great opportunity. Also Anderson needs to get it together. Even though he looks like a fr in highschool he's a senior and should be more aware than that.

Frustrating to drop a game so close on the road. The "Schuler" issue- yes, he should shot it,continued forward and dropped it off, not throwin back, but there were a lot of people unaware of the time on that play, and to be honest the way we played defense and turned it over at times, it seemed that we had some guys either just having a bad game, or didn't prep well enough or not paying attention.

The second "Schuler" issue- playing the 4. Should it have mattered? tonight the other teams 4, was the same size. We've just been on a 4 game winninng streak, wasn't he playing the 4 during those games. Honestly, why we worried about that? Does that effect his shooting? The reality right now is that he is not playing well right now. That can happen. He is not shooting a good percentage right now. Can he turn it around? I believe and hope he can, but think it has less to do with him playing the "4" and more to do with he's simply strugggling.

Anderson, has had some stinkers this year. Recently, he's played better. Tonight was not one of his better games, but just about everyone had a few plays and or sequence of plays where they weren't very good...and it's sad to say thats all it takes to drop a game on the road.

Moving forward it looks like we definitely need at least 1 next week- bare minimum- but now will have to sweep the Montana's when they come to Grand Forks. It doesn't look like too many teams are going to leave Greeley, Portland or for that matter Sacramento with wins this year. Our remaining home schedule takes on extra importance now, and we'll have to try get performances like we got on the road Thursday night at Eastern Washington, to give ouselves even a chance of winning any remaining road games.

Schuler is not a 4...

Schuler should not be a 4 agree, but thats what the coaches are asking him to do. He has played every position on this team because he is doing whatever the coaches have asked him to do and to do whatever helps the team with little regard to how his body has been beaten up playing down low. Can't blame him for the coaches constantly playing him out of position. He brings alot to this team when he is on the floor even if he is not scoring and thats why he is playing. He has scored double digits in half the games he has started recently so hopefully his shot comes back for the stretch run because when he is shooting well this team is at another level.