SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ UNO

AZSIOUX

Hope UND can turn it around on Friday

it's sat and sun, no friday game. this has to be the biggest series in years as you can't lose 5 straight in this conference and expect good things too happen. a split is an absolute must and with that they have to win on sat because if they lose sat I'm scared as to what might happen on sun. you might not win any titles in october/november/december but you sure as hell can lose them. ask michigan last year. they got off to an absolute terrible start and never could make it up and were in postion to have to win the ccha tourey to get in and they failed. a few more wins early in the season might have been enough to save their season. my point is that every gam matters and just because it is early doesn't mean you get to freely throw losses out the window. if things don't turn anound we will be in the exact same postion as michigan last year.

• Upvote 1

UNO will play up tempo and will want to get up and down the ice and get pucks to the net *insert your own Blais man crush comment here* and IMO this will only help UND better it's play from last weekend or at least I hope it will.

A few shots on the pp would be a good start

Hope UND can turn it around on Saturday

With powerplays always being so hot and cold, I don't know why coaches just don't get it in the zone, make as few passes as possible to get shots through to the net, and get traffic in front of the goaltender. You should be able to get four or five shots on net on a powerplay, especially if you are crashing for rebounds. Granted, it's a simple plan, but I like the chances of scoring on one of the four or five shots or rebounds better than the one or two shots looking for the perfect goal. I know egos with players and coaches want to create a perfect powerplay so they look good, but I will take junk goals any day of the week. Just seems strange to me how they can always struggle to score goals early in the year, then once we hit the halfway point, a light gets turned on. The talent is the same the whole year, so it is just odd that this is a constant concern early in the year.

they just swept denver in denver(granted denver has a few more issues than us right now). so uno isn't not as bad as us right now.

Ha just saw that, I knew someone was going to respond to my post. Well, they beat a Denver team which is also struggling. I believe they lost a few games to Alaska squads the week before. They way our team is playing right now we'll probably beat them up on Friday and get worked Saturday, however, these are two games we need to win.

Ha just saw that, I knew someone was going to respond to my post. Well, they beat a Denver team which is also struggling. I believe they lost a few games to Alaska squads the week before. They way our team is playing right now we'll probably beat them up on Friday and get worked Saturday, however, these are two games we need to win.

They beat DU in back to back OT games so you could argue those games could have easily gone the other way as well.

*and I think you mean Saturday/Sunday since there's no game Friday

And in the same token

What's your answer?

a loss is a loss. As a fan I hate losing, despite what might come across on some of my posts I can accept losing a game. what I can't accept as a fan is a perfromance like this weekend which leaves one wondering what direction this team will go. I liked what I saw the first three games, the last three have been a nightmare. a split this weekend is an absolute must.

I went to the Friday game between UNO and DU and UNO cut their penalties to a reasonable 7 for 14 minutes. Better yet, they held DU to just one power play goal. UNO moved the puck well and created lots of scoring opportunities. I would imagine they'll continue that sort of wide open play against us this weekend.

I went to the Friday game between UNO and DU and UNO cut their penalties to a reasonable 7 for 14 minutes. Better yet, they held DU to just one power play goal. UNO moved the puck well and created lots of scoring opportunities. I would imagine they'll continue that sort of wide open play against us this weekend.

Since you have seen UNO what do you expect this weekend?