SiouxSports.com Forum

Sac State - New Facility for Basketball

nodak651

Wow I guess I didn't know that. I just assumed it couldnt get worse than idaho states arena where I believe last season was around 55 degrees because they don't have a heating system or something like that.

Yea, hard to believe The Nest is a DI facility. There are class B schools in ND with better "gyms".

I was pretty surprised last year when I learned that both NAU and ISU played basketball in their football domes. After seeing the game in the Fargodome last year I'm glad we have a more intimate venue. We're going to find out this year just how great the Betty can be as a venue when it's packed to the rafters. The Betty will be a great Big Sky venue even if its capacity is near the bottom of the conference. If we're ever lucky enough to host the conference tournament the Ralph would look pretty damn good on ESPN.

I was pretty surprised last year when I learned that both NAU and ISU played basketball in their football domes. After seeing the game in the Fargodome last year I'm glad we have a more intimate venue. We're going to find out this year just how great the Betty can be as a venue when it's packed to the rafters. The Betty will be a great Big Sky venue even if its capacity is near the bottom of the conference. If we're ever lucky enough to host the conference tournament the Ralph would look pretty damn good on ESPN.

It still needs better seating on the baselines. If we could get that then the place would be LOUD.

I agree that the seating behind the baskets should be upgraded. But the Sioux Center has been very LOUD in the past. It has been sold out on multiple occaisons in the DII days, and once or twice against USD during the transition. When it is full, I think it is a fantastic place to watch basketball...........................

It would be nice if someday they finished off the ends and made it into a real bowl, but due to its use as a practice facility, I don't ever see that happening. Likely will end up using the Ralph if/when necessary. Larger movable bleachers is definitely a more realistic option. And video boards. Add some that fold up and down and they will stay out of the way when the building is being used for other things.