SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux-Gopher series

01grad

While it's a big series for both teams in terms of prestige and potential NCAA seeding, Lucia said it has less importance to the Gophers.

It may just be my perception, but it seems like Lucia goes out of his way for every Sioux-Gopher series to downplay the importance of the series to his team.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is the WCHA preview posted every Friday morning on USCHO.com, in case some of you didn't know about it. Personally, I think Milewski does a good job but PCM would do better, then we would have plenty of Sioux coverage each weekend! :(

Nah, I don't want the job. It would mean that I'd have to become the anti-Woog and know a lot about every team in the WCHA. :)

It may just be my perception, but it seems like Lucia goes out of his way for every Sioux-Gopher series to downplay the importance of the series to his team.

That's my perception, too. So why is it that the only tickets available to this yawner of a non-event are SRO? I hope that Donny and his lads don't have trouble staying awake on the bench. :(

I just heard Grampa Sports on WCCO and he mentioned his "good friend" (only good, not "close personal") JP Parise with two sons who play for North Dakota. He said, "It would have been nice had they gone to the UM, but it didn't work out for Zach and uh...I think it's Brad Parise" What a tool!!

I should develop and market a doll to sell to Gopher fans - it would be a baby dressed up in a Sioux uniform and when you pull the string it will cry, "The Gophers are arrogant". :):(

That's a good idea. I'd buy one. ;)

Jake played amazing last night (Friday at U of M). He kept us in the game during several power plays, he deserves the start.

On a side note wins are important, but not always an indicator of how good a goalie you are, it just means your offense is scoring more goals that you (the goalie) let in...not to say JPar is bad, but anyone who only looks at win/loss record to determine the ability of a goalie is not looking at the big picture.

speaking of face-offs, I think it was the 3rd period and the Sioux were on the PK in the Gopher end, and Prpich took the faceoff instead of McMahon. Any one else notice that?

I thought we actually won a few more face offs in the final period. But your right we sucked the rest of the game. Mike P won a big face off and that was crucial in the third period especially with the Gophers trying to get back into the game...