Glenn Healy - Western Michigan

Jim Craig - Minnesota-Duluth

Chris Terrerri - Providence

Wade Dubielewicz - Denver

Brian Hayward - Cornell

Steve Janaszak - Minnesota

Edit: Glenn Resch - Minnesota-Duluth and Jim Craig - Boston University

Anyone mention Garth Snow yet?

I think that guy is a P.O.S., personally, the guy wore over sized pads and in my opinion was a giant ass hat. Other than that, he was a good goalie. :)

Some goalies that haven't been mentioned:

Ken Dryden - Cornell

Tony Esposito - Michigan Tech

Curtis Joseph - Wisconsin

Rick DiPietro - Boston University

Glenn Healy - Western Michigan

Jim Craig - Boston University

Chris Terrerri - Providence

Wade Dubielewicz - Denver

Brian Hayward - Cornell

Steve Janaszak - Minnesota

I think that guy is a P.O.S., personally, the guy wore over sized pads and in my opinion was a giant ass hat. Other than that, he was a good goalie. :)

But didn't Garth Snow do a great job rebuilding the Islanders...that gigantic contract for Rick DiPietro...AWESOME!

Speaking of which, DiPietro hasn't been mentioned yet...Boston University.

But didn't Garth Snow do a great job rebuilding the Islanders...that gigantic contract for Rick DiPietro...AWESOME!

Speaking of which, DiPietro hasn't been mentioned yet...Boston University.

LOL right back at ya! I mentioned him in my earlier list.

The deal was unofficially agreed to before Snow became the GM. The signing was held up due to insurance issues.

DiPietro signed a one-year deal the year before his 15-year deal. Snow was a cheerleader for the contract and was giddy about it at the press conference where the deal was announced.

DiPietro signed a one-year deal the year before his 15-year deal. Snow was a cheerleader for the contract and was giddy about it at the press conference where the deal was announced.

http://sports.espn.g...tory?id=2584306

DiPietro and Wang talked about a 15-year deal last summer when DiPietro expressed he wanted to spend his entire career with the Islanders, who made the Boston University freshman the first goalie chosen with the No. 1 pick in the 200 draft.

But hurdles regarding insurance of the contract killed those plans, and they agreed to a one-year deal worth $2.5 million.

Both sides were pressed to come to a new agreement quickly as the Islanders open training camp this week in Nova Scotia. Wang has a policy that players who aren't signed in time for camp won't play during the season.

http://sports.espn.g...tory?id=2584306

DiPietro and Wang talked about a 15-year deal last summer when DiPietro expressed he wanted to spend his entire career with the Islanders, who made the Boston University freshman the first goalie chosen with the No. 1 pick in the 200 draft.

But hurdles regarding insurance of the contract killed those plans, and they agreed to a one-year deal worth $2.5 million.

Both sides were pressed to come to a new agreement quickly as the Islanders open training camp this week in Nova Scotia. Wang has a policy that players who aren't signed in time for camp won't play during the season.

Thanks, I'm familiar with that particular article and the history behind the contract. I'm not defending Wang at all (boy that sounds funny, doesn't it?) but Snow could have talked some sense into the old coot before signing off on the deal. Instead, he was happy to retire from playing and step right into a GM job thanks to his goofball owner. Like I said, Snow was a cheerleader...

Former Sioux goalies that played in the NHL are (as best I can recollect):

Bob Iwabucci (North Stars)

Darren Jensen (Flyers)

Jon Casey (North Stars/Blues)

Ed Belfour (Blackhawks, Dallas Stars, Maple Leafs, Florida Panthers)

Don't forget Ed's stint with the Sharks. :)