SiouxSports.com Forum

UND vs Niagara - NCAA 1st round

AZSIOUX

In years past the HE refs haven't been a good thing for UND because they don't see the physical play guys like Blood, Malone, etc... bring to the game and we end up getting more penalties than we normally would in WCHA play, and the players have to adjust somewhat. This year should be better because other than Mac (who gets called for everything anyway) we play less physically and more of a style they're used to seeing, which should keep us out of the box.

I'm hoping that anyway.

The one thing we have going for us in the 1st game is that Niagra's power play is only clicking at about 15%.

Anyone catch haks interview a few minutes ago? Think it was with a Winnipeg station but could be wrong. Wasnt able to listen. Sure he won't say much like always and today's presser but still interested if so. Thanks

Face offs will play an important role as well, putting Easy Mac on the top line puts two legit centers on that line. Second line with Carter and Rocco gets you the same thing. Important to think about as guys will get tossed, and having a good alternate draw man could be clutch.

So, that said, I have my final decision: knight with Kristo and easy Mac, Rowney with Parks and Rocco, Pattyn with drake and Colten. We can easily swap Rocco and easy Mac if we need instant offense.

Hopefully this time off has helped Simpson heal up. Simpson and Mac truck will be loggin a ton of minutes...

Key question: if its Zane, how is his head and his confidence? We don't need him to steal us one, but if he can make all the normal saves, not give up a bad goal, and maybe stop one or two high probability scoring chances, that should give us a good shot at winning.

Simpson and Mac will be logging big time minted then forborts duo next. Same with forwards with all the tv timeouts! Last change on Friday in the home whites.

I'm still guessing Zane but really seems to be a coin flip. Either way puck drops 430 Friday!! Go sioux

Anyone catch haks interview a few minutes ago? Think it was with a Winnipeg station but could be wrong. Wasnt able to listen. Sure he won't say much like always and today's presser but still interested if so. Thanks

He said ODonnell is still on the top line. Not much else other than that.

Also said it might not be bad to have a couple days off after the loss to CC and that they had some good days of practice.

And reiterated several times that this isn't a series, and you can't have an off day. Our leaders know that.

Also said it might not be bad to have a couple days off after the loss to CC and that they had some good days of practice.

Interesting

Thanks, here's to odonnell going top shelf on Friday vs the Purple Eagles!! Rest cant hurt you this time of year, thats for damn sure. Go sioux!

Face offs will play an important role as well, putting Easy Mac on the top line puts two legit centers on that line. Second line with Carter and Rocco gets you the same thing. Important to think about as guys will get tossed, and having a good alternate draw man could be clutch.

So, that said, I have my final decision: knight with Kristo and easy Mac, Rowney with Parks and Rocco, Pattyn with drake and Colten. We can easily swap Rocco and easy Mac if we need instant offense.

Hopefully this time off has helped Simpson heal up. Simpson and Mac truck will be loggin a ton of minutes...

Key question: if its Zane, how is his head and his confidence? We don't need him to steal us one, but if he can make all the normal saves, not give up a bad goal, and maybe stop one or two high probability scoring chances, that should give us a good shot at winning.

Knowing Zane and playing against him in high school I know he is very mentally strong and actually does a ton of work regarding the mental side of the game such as playing the game in his head and using visualization techniques, I have no doubt he will be confident and ready to go and hopefully called upon on Friday.

Well...guess we roll with this then. Not a great hockey mind by any stretch but I don't get this.

I wouldn't question it if Hak wouldnt always put Rocco on top line when we "need" to get rolling offensively. In a 1 and done situation the "need" to get it rolling starts immediately with the drop of the puck on Friday.

This sounds like I'm gonna fit that round peg in the square hole not matter what scenario.

Well...guess we roll with this then. Not a great hockey mind by any stretch but I don't get this.

I wouldn't question it if Hak wouldnt always put Rocco on top line when we "need" to get rolling offensively. In a 1 and done situation the "need" to get it rolling starts immediately with the drop of the puck on Friday.

This sounds like I'm gonna fit that round peg in the square hole not matter what scenario.

This. One thing I hope they are working on is different personnel on power play situations.