SiouxSports.com Forum

Spring Practices

WeAreNorthDakota

No problem, all! I enjoy it when I can do it. I won't be able to see the boys play again until the spring game on Saturday. Besides I think the coaches need a break from wondering who that strange spy is on the sidelines always pulling out papers (spring prospectus roster) from his pocket and recording stuff! :lol:

Just watched the promo for the spring game and it made me realize how much we will miss Hanson and Hendrickson at qb. I hope that whoever wins the job can have a little of Hansons poise in the pocket.

I had the same thought. Right now, all three are looking more like Joey Bradley. It's still early, though.

That's been my assessment of him too. Tons more confidence, too. It be will fun when we get Sam Rids and Palandech on campus in August to see how they all look.

We could end up with a stacked deck at qb ala ndsu in the next couple years. From a liability to a strength just like wr. Hopefully out d follows suit with that.

• Upvote 1

Since the game is being advertised as Green vs. White, does that mean we will be seeing those hideous green jerseys again? I hope it turns out to be Black vs. White, cause no one wants to see those ridiculous faded green, baggy jerseys.

As far as what I'll be looking at, its the new players and how much the upper classman have improved. At quarterback, the Mollberg/Bartels battle should be real fun to watch. At RB, it appears Adam Shaugabay has been running well this year, so he will be someone to watch. Dewayne Pecosky at FB will be interesting to see. JJ Robertson will be a young, new talent that will only make the receiving corps stronger; it will be fun to watch how well the receivers match up with the DBs. One would imagine that the receivers would have the upper hand, but I think Daryl Brown, Rumeal Harris, and Dan Konawalski will step up and make some plays. One final area will of course be at the line of scrimmage. Since the Dline will largely feature inexperienced players, the Oline should be able to open up some holes for the RBs.

This should be a fun spring game to watch.

I haven't followed this spring that closely, but I guess I'm either:

A) Upset that Mollberg hasn't really pulled away in the QB competition from Bartels

B) Thrilled that Bartels is at the level of Mollberg and will be pushing him for time this next season.

Which one is it?

I haven't followed this spring that closely, but I guess I'm either:

A) Upset that Mollberg hasn't really pulled away in the QB competition from Bartels

B) Thrilled that Bartels is at the level of Mollberg and will be pushing him for time this next season.

Which one is it?

Bartles can flat out play. And competition is a good thing.

• Upvote 1