SiouxSports.com Forum

All Things Bracketbuster 2013

SWSiouxMN

Since we are officially a week away from finding out who exactly we will be playing during Bracketbusters weekend, I thought this might be a good time to start thinking about who could be our potential opponent for this great event.

http://espnbracketbusters.com/site/teams

It would be nice to be matched up with a Horizon or Missouri Valley team but I'm guessing we will be matched up with a Summit team. My guess is UNO...

Do they have parameters as far as how they match teams up? Do they do it regionally or based on RPI? If those are the guidlines, I'd think that Summit, MVC, Horizon, WAC, or MAC teams would all be candidates.

Did we ever find out if we will get a return game from the opponent next season since this is apparently the last season of the Bracketbuster?

What about South Dakota. That would be a nice close game compared to the others and probably a great matchup.

If you look at the link provided, they list this years road and home teams. USD is a road team this year as is UND meaning they won't be playing each other. I have not found anything as far as guidelines but just going by casual observation, they tend to keep it regional and I believe they try to keep the games a competitive matchup up. This is why I believe UNO is one of the more realistic choices for us to be matched up with.

EDIT: These are the Summit League Teams that are listed as Home teams:

IPFW

IUPUI

Nebraska Omaha

Oakland

Western Illinois University

I found a website that has a "BracketBuster" predictor. Here is the link: http://www.rpiforecast.com/bb.html

Based on teams in UND's RPI range and geography, here are the top candidates I could see UND playing:

UND is a road team with an rpi of 285

Home teams are:

Northern Illinois 290

Fort Wayne 298

Indianapolis 302

Omaha 309

My guess is still Omaha or one of the Indiana Schools

I also saw where the home school is contracted to return the game in either 2014 or 2015.

Haven't seen anything yet, but looking at updated RPI looks like, with UND at 279, would likely be a Summit team (Omaha, Ft Wayne or IUPUI). Away teams at the bottom has a much higher RPI than home teams, so each of these teams is in the 300 - 310 range.

The Montana/Davidson and SDSU/Murray State games already make me drool with excitement. Two great coaches and a great envrioment in Davidson, and two awesome guards in Wolters and Isaah Cannon in the SDSU/Murray State game. Creighton/St. Mary's will be awesome as well. I kinda wanted to see NDSU get UNI, but Akron will be a good challenge for them. Wonder if they would have Braun back for that one.

I would have too but injuries and inconsistent play killed our first quarter of the season. The non televised games seem to be very regionalized so it did not surprise me. I guess I didn't feel it was a joke. I kind of expected it.

I guess my biggest problem with the whole thing is that I find it a bit ridiculous that a transitional program should even be in the Bracket Buster. It seems like it would have made more sense for only the eight tournament-eligible Summit teams to be in it.

• Upvote 1

I guess my biggest problem with the whole thing is that I find it a bit ridiculous that a transitional program should even be in the Bracket Buster. It seems like it would have made more sense for only the eight tournament-eligible Summit teams to be in it.

This I can agree with.