SiouxSports.com Forum

NHL 2013

jodcon

Crosby isn't what he used to be based on 13 playoff games? ???

Are you aware of how productive he was in the 2013-14 regular season. What are you suggesting, that he all of a sudden hit a wall at some point during the handful of days between the regular season and the playoffs? I think that it is way premature to suggest that he isn't what he used to be. How about he was going through a scoring slump at the most inopportune time? Now if he comes back next year and continues to struggle for an entire season the same way that he did over a span of 13 playoff games, at that point I will concede that you may be on to something. But for now I will take your comment as wishful thinking. I trust that he will be as dominant as ever next year in the regular season, but I am concerned about the recent playoff underachieving. For five consecutive years now the Pens have been eliminated by an inferior opponent. Once or twice, that's why they play the games. Five years in a row, there is something wrong with the game plan. For as consistently great as they have been in the regular season year-in and year-out, they have been consistently inconsistent in the postseason since winning the cup in 2009. That is why I am concerned that Byslma kept his job. Although, as I stated a few days ago, they can't just fire him without having a better option available. I'm going to speculate that the guy they want to replace him must not be available currently. And, no, I don't have any inside information. That is just a guess, nothing more.

incorrect. Last year they were beaten by an opponent as good or better than rhem.

Boy was Anaheim not ready to play game seven. 3-0 Kings after one. Corey Perry had a penalty shot opportunity and never got the shot off (thus you can't call it a penalty shot). Quick poked the puck off his stick as he was trying to make his move.

Boy was Anaheim not ready to play game seven. 3-0 Kings after one. Corey Perry had a penalty shot opportunity and never got the shot off (thus you can't call it a penalty shot). Quick poked the puck off his stick as he was trying to make his move.

4-0 Kings 5 minutes into the second period.

The kings are scary. I know they were a six seed or something but they are so much better in the playoffs than the regular season. I think there was a 4x4 last night where doughty, kopitar, gaborik and muzzin were on the ice at the same time and dominated....then they showed the bench quickly and I realized how deep that team is. CHI is going to have a battle in front if them. I think that series is going 7.

The kings are scary. I know they were a six seed or something but they are so much better in the playoffs than the regular season. I think there was a 4x4 last night where doughty, kopitar, gaborik and muzzin were on the ice at the same time and dominated....then they showed the bench quickly and I realized how deep that team is. CHI is going to have a battle in front if them. I think that series is going 7.

I agree and Quick can steal a game on any given night. Still going with the Hawks in 7 but it will be a battle. Would love to see the Rangers beat the Habs but going with Habs in 6.