SiouxSports.com Forum

NHL 2013

jodcon

He's onside if he's dragging that left foot...can't tell from the picture

No, he's not, the skate isn't on the line... It has to be. Look at Michael Russo's twitter feed, he's has an explanation on that.

Fearless prediction: early in the series, a Canadien will hit Lucic hard but clean. Pierre McGuire will scream, "They're waking the bear! You do not want to wake the bear!" The Bruins will spend the rest of the series taking cheap shots, charging and running players from behind, because bullies get angry when someone stands up to them. The referees will mostly let it happen, because it's the playoffs. Nevertheless, Montreal will win in 6, with Subban getting the series-winning goal. Jack Edwards will blame it on tea-sipping collectivist elites, and note that it took eight years to win the Revolutionary War. The Bear will go play golf.

HA - I like a good fiction movie every once in a while too, Dave!

• Upvote 2

He's onside if he's dragging that left foot...can't tell from the picture

Foot is in the air not being dragged, Wild writer Russo said he has heard from multiple NHL people that can't believe those two calls were missed saying they weren't even that close. Even former NHL official said it was pretty bad:

Kerry Fraser@kfraserthecall 10h

Trouble in Denver. Charlie Coyle held by Andre Benoit with net empty causing turnover. Up ice, Paul Stasny is offside as Avs tie game. Ouch!

What's wrong with that picture? I don't see offsides there. Not an Avs fan but the whining has to stop from all the minny writers. They got beat, move on.

The back foot of Stastny is in the air not being dragged and the puck hasn't entered the zone yet which makes it offsides. If you watched the game last night they deserve to whine even more than they have. If you think the Minnesota writers are bad now you should see the way the Colorado writers have been, they have been whining all series about every little thing even though neutral observers have said they have definitely been on the receiving end of some fortunate calls and they've been outplayed most of the series.

• Upvote 1

If that wasn't the worst NHL officiating ever it had to be close. Wild were screwed big time. The blatant hold eliminating an ENG followed by the offside goal were unbelievable

Worst officiating crew EVER? 1999's Buffalo Sabres would respectfully disagree with you on that...

Playoff games like last night are great when you don't really have a dog in the fight. Mildly cheered for the Avs because I want to see a game live in every round. Cheered loudly on Zach's snipe and got a lot of looks.

My buddy and I wore Sioux jerseys and got a lot of Go Sioux cheers from other fans. Our roommate is a Florida kid and is starting to become a Sioux fan. He can see we aren't lying when we say "Sioux fans are everywhere."

Go Wild in game 6, then go Avs the rest of the way!

• Upvote 1

The back foot of Stastny is in the air not being dragged and the puck hasn't entered the zone yet which makes it offsides. If you watched the game last night they deserve to whine even more than they have. If you think the Minnesota writers are bad now you should see the way the Colorado writers have been, they have been whining all series about every little thing even though neutral observers have said they have definitely been on the receiving end of some fortunate calls and they've been outplayed most of the series.

I see. You're right the Avs writers have been whining as well. In the picture the puck hasn't crossed either....does anyone have the next frame?

No doubt there are other epic failures, but the NHL is usually good. Last night's was a major stinker.

The nhl refs are the best on the planet. For us college hockey fans we should realize that. Mistakes will be made. That's the great thing about playing a best of 7 series....the better team will always come out the winner.

So I didn't watch the game...if that foot is off the ice, then it is offsides; but let's think about it at game speed. In the picture, the puck looks like its an inch from the zone, and if the "offside" player just pulled his skate off the ice (which would appear be the case) if it is off the ice, then you are talking about offside by an inch...at game speed...hardly the worst call in history.

So I didn't watch the game...if that foot is off the ice, then it is offsides; but let's think about it at game speed. In the picture, the puck looks like its an inch from the zone, and if the "offside" player just pulled his skate off the ice (which would appear be the case) if it is off the ice, then you are talking about offside by an inch...at game speed...hardly the worst call in history.

No I think more people are upset with the linesman being out of position to make the call (shoulda been inside the line instead was behind the line and may have been blocked out some) and what more people are upset with is the obvious holding by the Colorado d-man on Coyle when he had a shot at an empty net to basically end the game but it isn't called and Colorado turns it the other way and goes down and scores. Reffing was pretty brutal all night though so why would it get better at the end of the game.

Bingo. It was just unfortunate and unlucky the Avs scored on that play.

The better team will usually come out the winner, but upsets can and sometimes do happen even in a best of 7 series. A couple of years ago when the Kings were the #8 seed and won the cup they were not the better team, they were the team that got hot at the right time. Like the old saying goes, that is why they play the games.

Again Dave I will disagree with you. The kings were the best team in hockey that year....the fact they absolutely rolled through every series that year leads me to believe they were indeed the better team. I fully understand they were an 8 seed (from regular season seeding) however by the time the playoffs started....they were the best team in hockey. Again, back to my initial comment that the better team will always come out of a best of 7 game series.