SiouxSports.com Forum

North Dakota @ Minnesota

AZSIOUX

Siouxfans going to the Gopher hole this weekend - What is your chant going to be when the rodent fans yell "Where's your Logo?" You know it's coming.....

This one requires the Sioux to be winning or have won but I always liked the "we don't need a logo to kick your ass" response.

Game Summary

Gopher fans believe:

UND fans come from a hillbilly town that has absolutely nothing, even if they have never been there

The UND team consists of all 25 year old Canadians

The only chance UND has of winning is to fight and take cheap shots after the whistle

Watch out for UND players in the handshake line, they will double cross you

Any player that goes to UND, UM didn't really want anyway

Hakstol can only count to one (think about it)

The Gophers let Holy Cross win

The NC is won in October and November

We is the greatest, so we don't travel to anybody else's house

UND fans believe:

The refs are in the gopher locker room telling the players they have their back covered and power plays will be 10-1 in favor of the Gophers

If a UND player goes near a Gopher player the Gopher player is taught to face the glass and fall down

Gopher players talk about playing with grit, which simply means facewashing and cheap shots after the whistle

When Gopher players are challenged after they do a cheap shot, they hide behind Lucia or the ref and point fingers

Gopher players are taught how to flop from birth

If the Gophers get behind by two goals, Gopher fans suddenly remember they had a prior commitment and leave

Holy Cross defeating the Gophers is the greatest upset in the history of college sports (well, isn't it?)

If Hakstol calls a time out, it is all over for the Gophers

Gophers can't win a NC without a North Dakota native on the team

John Hill is the greatest UM assistant coach ever

Gophers are afraid to travel or play a non-conference game against anyone ranked in the top 35

7>5

:D

Please note that I don't claim any or all of them are true, it is just perception. Are there others I have missed?

Actually UMD wanted to play the Gophers to open Amsoil but the Gophers had the Classic already scheduled. So they had to settle for UND. ;)

This is actually easy for me to believe. If I wanted to not get my butt kicked, yet have a good turn out, scheduling the Gophs makes good sense. My second choice would be settling for just having a good turn-out. ;)

Siouxfans going to the Gopher hole this weekend - What is your chant going to be when the rodent fans yell "Where's your Logo?" You know it's coming.....

Given the choice between being a rodent who have a bounty on their tails, and nothing, I would take nothing every time.

• Upvote 1

..... there's always "F U Gophers!!!"

My luck there will be kids in front of me, I wouldn't be able to shout it from the roof tops!!

There's always alot of Green & White at this game, so we should all be on the same page.

Is there a bar where everyone is meeting before the game?

This is NOT true, I have a relative in the scheduling dept and UND was their first choice and got it. Nice try d-bag...

Actually, Keith aka FHG26, might be a Gopher fan, but he's not a D-Bag... I have run into him from time-to-time and I can tell you Keith is not one of them.

Edited by Goon

Actually, Keith aka FHG26, might be a Gopher fan, but he's not a D-Bag... I have run into him from time-to-time and I can tell you Keith is not one of them.

Sure sounded like one on PA's show a year or so ago with some comments he made. Pretty sure he got booted from calling for a little while.