SiouxSports.com Forum

Alaska series

schmidtdoggydog

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Fournier completes his college education with AA then maybe we can believe more of what he said about his decision to come to UND. If he doesn't make it there it should be quite telling. I guess Chris is in control of that and we'll see how it plays out over time.

Hey does anybody know...I'm still in Fargo and I wanted to get my tickets for the Alaska series this weekend. I won't be back until Friday. Does the Engelstad allow you to call there and purchase your tickets on the phone? OR do they need to see an ID?

If you are a student, they need your id. They swipe it.

I hope Blais starts Stafford-Murray-Parise on friday. Even if they don't remain on the same line for the game, they deserve the start and recognition.

It would be really cool to show USA highlights on the big screen... if REA could get permission, that is.

(HINT HINT: It will help sell tickets!!!)

It would be great if Blais started a lineup of Jones, Greene, Parise, Stafford, and Murray even if this is not going to be the lineups. A nice USA, USA, USA chant would be appropriate at the start of the game to give these players the recognition they deserve and if it was done at the beginning of the game instead of throughout the game it would not take anything away from the other players that are part of the UND TEAM(American and Canadian). Way to go USA, now lets make 2004 a year to remember for the Sioux!!!

Thinking about the lines for this weekend. I think I would announce a first line of:

Parise, Murray, Stafford

... and let the cheers rain down on them. Then I would go with:

Genoway, Bochenski, Fylling

McMahon, Prpich, Canady

Lundbohm, Porter, Hale

That would leave these guys out:

Palmiscno, Massen, Marvin, Fabian

... which is hard to do. The controversial choices would seem to be Canady and Hale. It sounded to me like Canady definitely earned his spot with solid and improving play over the last two weekends. Plus, he seems a good stylistic fit with the McMahon-Prpich combo. Hale stepped up his play in the holiday tourney, but I can't say how he looked against SCSU. Maybe other observers could help there.

I thought Hale played hard as we are used to seeing but doesn't possess the offensive potential of a James Massen or someone like that. Palmo, Hale and Marvin did create a couple of chances, in fact one very pretty opportunity on Saturday where they did some givin' and goin' but the final pass to the side of the net was on Hale's backhand and was difficult for him to handle, or it would have been a score.

Hard decisions for sure. I think Canady played well enough to see ice this weekend.

Didn't anyone tell him that the fishing ain't bad at Devils Lake? I've slayed many a white bass there and I am a lousy fisherwoman.

P.S. Wonder if the lesson to be taken from Chris' disaffection is that the Sioux need to make Ernie the Angler one of their scouts?

That swagger that permeates UND is called confidence due to success. He'd rather go to a place where that confidence isn't there? Where a NC isn't the goal every year? OK. And you know he ate the catfish out of the Red despite the multiple warnings.

Amen to the swagger.

Maybe someone should throw a catfish on the ice? There are plenty of great places to go fishing in the area maybe not in Grand Forks, but in other parts of North Dakota and Minnesota. We do not have salmon here, but we do not have an ocean either. I am glad he is happy in Alaska, and I am glad he does not mind not winning, too!

But you can fish salmon in NoDak! Lake Sakakawea.