SiouxSports.com Forum

NHL is Back

sprig

Sorry, but I have to call BS on this. If you have a tough time seeing your teammates on the ice whether they're wearing white, red, black, blue...I think you may have issues and want to hang the skates up. Whites at home!

??? Slight advantage...no much...but slight. Probably not even worth arguing about. You're a pretty classy fellow.

The other one I would add to that is EWU wearing their red uniforms on their red field, it's a bitch to pick them up on TV and I wonder if it takes the other team a second to find them sometimes. But they are wearing red everything where usually it's only the white jerseys on white ice for hockey and the helmets and breezers are different colors.

I believe the Mountain West bans Boise State football from wearing blue jerseys with blue pants at home for similar reasons.

I have played at the Ralph during our state tourney's and yes it was harder to see teammates wearing white jerseys...not much, but a little.

That probably carries a little more weight than my state broomball experience wearing white jerseys in front of dozens of fans at the Schwan's Super Rink in Blaine.

I believe the Mountain West bans Boise State football from wearing blue jerseys with blue pants at home for similar reasons.

That makes sense, the BSC should at least make them wear their black jerseys or pants at home, I watched the EWU/Griz game a couple years ago on a bigscreen in Missoula and I had a frickin headache by the time it was over trying to follow the action.

That probably carries a little more weight than my state broomball experience wearing white jerseys in front of dozens of fans at the Schwan's Super Rink in Blaine.

Not sure....but I do enjoy that rink. I have always wanted to get into broom-ball.

That makes sense, the BSC should at least make them wear their black jerseys or pants at home, I watched the EWU/Griz game a couple years ago on a bigscreen in Missoula and I had a frickin headache by the time it was over trying to follow the action.

Yea that's a bit over the top. I believe a high school somewhere went black turf for 'cost' reasons, then promptly announced they were going to wear black jerseys at home.

??? Slight advantage...no much...but slight. Probably not even worth arguing about. You're a pretty classy fellow.

HA...thanks. :) I don't want to get into a pissing match over the color of jerseys and who should wear what - it's not that big of a deal. I've played plenty of hockey and the only way it would be tough to pick out your teammates is if you were wearing the same color jerseys (Minn wearing yellow while playing Michigan in yellow, for example). I prefer white at home, you don't...no biggie.

HA...thanks. :) I don't want to get into a pissing match over the color of jerseys and who should wear what - it's not that big of a deal. I've played plenty of hockey and the only way it would be tough to pick out your teammates is if you were wearing the same color jerseys (Minn wearing yellow while playing Michigan in yellow, for example). I prefer white at home, you don't...no biggie.

BS. White at home or I'm kicking you out of the NHL.

Just talked to Directv and they told me the price for NHL Center Ice would be 4 payments of $14.99 for this season. Under $60 for the rest of the season is not too bad if you ask me. While it's not free (that just wasn't going to happen), I don't have a problem paying this.

That's a great deal! Good to hear

Just talked to Directv and they told me the price for NHL Center Ice would be 4 payments of $14.99 for this season. Under $60 for the rest of the season is not too bad if you ask me. While it's not free (that just wasn't going to happen), I don't have a problem paying this.

I saw that today, looks like $50 for cable and $60 for dish, good move by the NHL. Most people should like that price, over half the season for about a third of the price.

So my brother and I were thinking about putting together a fantasy hockey league. Which service is the best for doing that? What do you guys prefer? Thanks.

i've used yahoo before and i thought it was decent.

you should organize a ss.com fantasy league. i'd be in. :)

i've used yahoo before and i thought it was decent.

you should organize a ss.com fantasy league. i'd be in. :)

I created a private league on CBS Sportsline for siouxsports.com members. If anybody is interested in joining, PM me your email address and I'll send out the invitation. Live online draft will be Sunday, January 27th at 9 pm central. Standard head-to-head format. First 12 people to sign up will be in.