SiouxSports.com Forum

Hardin in the NFL?

Siouxperfan7

I think we are all aware of the skill that Hardin has and he has definitely showed it on the field, especially this year. You don't see too many 5'11" , 167 lb receivers in the NFL, but what do you guys think about his chances for playing on Sundays in the future?

Depends on his senior year and/or the combine. Kleinsasser made it, Chris Kuper made it so why not.

I think we are all aware of the skill that Hardin has and he has definitely showed it on the field, especially this year. You don't see too many 5'11" , 167 lb receivers in the NFL, but what do you guys think about his chances for playing on Sundays in the future?

Needs to clean up some pretty blatant drops. Also needs to tighten up his route running. Not sure he has the size/speed needed to play in the NFL, but if he keeps working hard, he will probably have a shot to play somewhere after college.

I think he could definitely make it in the CFL but like others have said he may be a little undersized for the NFL although I would love to see him wearing the purple and gold. What do you guys think of Hanson being drafted this year or being signed as an undrafted free agent?

I think he could definitely make it in the CFL but like others have said he may be a little undersized for the NFL although I would love to see him wearing the purple and gold. What do you guys think of Hanson being drafted this year or being signed as an undrafted free agent?

Hanson will get a shot with someone in camp as a free agent.

I could see Hardin getting an invite to an NFL camp, not necessarily drafted though. His route running is his best strength as far as I'm concerned and has "elusive" speed. Needs to clean-up the drops though.

Hanson doesn't have the arm to get a look from NFL scouts IMO. Accurate? Yes. But he's under-thrown alot of balls to his receivers this season.................

I could see Hardin getting an invite to an NFL camp, not necessarily drafted though. His route running is his best strength as far as I'm concerned and has "elusive" speed. Needs to clean-up the drops though.

Hanson doesn't have the arm to get a look from NFL scouts IMO. Accurate? Yes. But he's under-thrown alot of balls to his receivers this season.................

He's been getting looked at all year.

Some of his under-thrown balls may be related to his leg injury. I don't think he has had quite the same zip after the injury as he seemed to have that first game. He might have had some problems with his follow-through, which could make him throw short. But I think he's got a pretty good arm.

I hope he gets a shot, he's got alot of skills. But IMO he gets ALOT of help from his receivers. He's underthrown just as many as Hendrickson has overthrown...........

Underthrown balls are hard on DBs to defend. Overthrown balls are impossible to catch. I'll take underthrown with 70%+ completions. His only huge knock is arm strength....

Underthrown balls are hard on DBs to defend. Overthrown balls are impossible to catch. I'll take underthrown with 70%+ completions. His only huge knock is arm strength....

Good points all around. Hanson impresses the hell out of me. I expect he will continue to do so for the next 3 weeks. Offense continues to be a well-oiled machine, as it has been all year................................

Hanson just got done throwing for 660 yards and 5 TD on 42 for 61 passing. That's almost 70 percent. Incredible.

Not to mention that on the majority of every play he had blitzers coming in his face and had to either make the proper read or stand in there and throw the ball before the WR made his break. He always hangs in there even when he knows he's gonna take a shot. The guy does it all the time. Do you realize how rare this is at this level? But we complain about underthrowing? I mean seriously, this is hilarious.

Does he occasionally make a bad throw or decision here and there? Sure. Made a bad throw and decision on the corner route interception and tried to force a post to Golladay on another one. Probably bound to happen when you throw it 60 times.

We should probably give Marcus a chance this weekend in Bozeman.

EDIT: Hanson also had a 15.71 yard avg for his completions this week. Not bad for a "dink and dunk" guy who is constantly throwing "2 yard completions".

• Upvote 1