SiouxSports.com Forum

root sports

siouxfbfan

I believe root is only available on DirectTV so you'll have to watch at a bar or a friend's place. I think the game starts at 2:40.

Dish Network as well, but you need to be in the Rocky Mountain or Pacific Northwest for Dish. So for you guys up north Directv is the best option because they will also have the game on the Audience network nationwide (channel 239).

Dish Network as well, but you need to be in the Rocky Mountain or Pacific Northwest for Dish. So for you guys up north Directv is the best option because they will also have the game on the Audience network nationwide (channel 239).

Or get the multi sports pak (on dish)

• Upvote 1

That would be awesome but I suspect that they feel Root would be competition to their wanna-be sports network...

I don't think it's that. I think it's more of wondering why they should pick up a network based out of Denver that has shown one UND sporting event. I think they will have the rights to a UND/DU game in February as well, but other than that are people going to watch? I don't think anyone will watch outside of UND games. If the demand is there, great. Regardless, the cost of picking it up will be passed on to the consumer.

What I'd like to see is Midco get high-def going at The Ralph and The Al and then negotiate with Root to trade games on Root for use of Midco's production equipment when Root does Big Sky games in Grand Forks.

The win-win I'd try to negotiate:

- MidcoSN could show "Root exclusive" games involving UND

- Root would save the costs of bringing their HD equipment to GF for Big Sky games

• Upvote 1

I don't think it's that. I think it's more of wondering why they should pick up a network based out of Denver that has shown one UND sporting event. I think they will have the rights to a UND/DU game in February as well, but other than that are people going to watch? I don't think anyone will watch outside of UND games. If the demand is there, great. Regardless, the cost of picking it up will be passed on to the consumer.

I'd love to see Big Sky games in HD each week.

What I'd like to see is Midco get high-def going at The Ralph and The Al and then negotiate with Root to trade games on Root for use of Midco's production equipment when Root does Big Sky games in Grand Forks.

The win-win I'd try to negotiate:

- MidcoSN could show "Root exclusive" games involving UND

- Root would save the costs of bringing their HD equipment to GF for Big Sky games

Unfortunately option 2 isn't a reality. When doing big productions like this, the crews trust their equipment more than any in-house stuff. If there is an issue with any of the gear, they know how to fix it, where the issue is, etc. If they are mixing and matching equipment, it becomes a big hassle.