SiouxSports.com Forum

College Hockey 2012/13 (non UND Hockey)

AZSIOUX

It's ok Goose...eventually you will convert... :)

:lol: Don't see it happening anytime soon.

Just out of curiosity, how do you live here your whole life and become a Rodent fan?

Grew up in East Grand Forks. There's actually quite a few Gopher fans there. I grew up in a family of Gopher fans and was watching them on TV as far back as I can remember.

They were just talking about this on the power trip show the other day. Why do people go on the Internet and ask questions? https://www.google.com/search?q=ncaa+hockey+regionals+2013&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&client=safari

Because I was in bed using my phone when I should have been sleeping and I figured someone on here knew the dates offhand

Grew up in East Grand Forks. There's actually quite a few Gopher fans there. I grew up in a family of Gopher fans and was watching them on TV as far back as I can remember.

I get that. It's kind of like Packer fans from western Wisconsin...five hours from Green Bay, 45 minutes from the Metrodome...but Packer fans nonetheless. Had you grown up in Grand Forks, you'd probably be the biggest Sioux fan around.

Lived here my whole life. A lot of my friends are UND fans. I've learned to live with your types ;)

Still odd. I have gopher buddies

I get that. It's kind of like Packer fans from western Wisconsin...five hours from Green Bay, 45 minutes from the Metrodome...but Packer fans nonetheless. Had you grown up in Grand Forks, you'd probably be the biggest Sioux fan around.

But they would be hanging all around Vikings forums instead of Packers forums...there are only so many hours in a day.

:lol: Don't see it happening anytime soon.

Yeah I get that....I have Greaser buddies that are goof fans....but I don't see them posting on here too often.

But they would be hanging all around Vikings forums instead of Packers forums...there are only so many hours in a day.

I'm on GPL, too, as MafiaMan. Granted I don't hang out there much since I last posted a couple of years ago looking for tickets. Wow...talk about venom.

I guess I would be a prime example of the other end as well. Born and raised on the Iron Range in Gopher and Bulldog country and I am as big a Sioux fan as you will find and as big of a Gopher hater as you will find. To each their own I guess.

Yeah I get that....I have Greaser buddies that are goof fans....but I don't see them posting on here too often.

I'm not on here very long when I'm on. I only check a couple threads unless I have absolutely nothing to do and need to kill time. I like talking college hockey with people that like college hockey. GPL and SS are probably the 2 best. USCHO gets ridiculous. I'm obviously not here to cause trouble so I guess I don't know see why it bothers you so much.

I'm not on here very long when I'm on. I only check a couple threads unless I have absolutely nothing to do and need to kill time. I like talking college hockey with people that like college hockey. GPL and SS are probably the 2 best. USCHO gets ridiculous. I'm obviously not here to cause trouble so I guess I don't know see why it bothers you so much.

I have no problem with Gopher, UMD, or any other fans hanging around here. Besides, we're a lot nicer than Gopher fans are to others on GopherPukeLive.com!

I love talking college hockey as well but seems to be less and less of that everywhere. Who cares what team you route for as its nice to hear about other WCHA teams ect.....

Going to be a hell of a last couple months. For the top 6/7 teams every game will be super important. I think Mankato can split with umtc in the home and home

I love talking college hockey as well but seems to be less and less of that everywhere. Who cares what team you route for as its nice to hear about other WCHA teams ect.....

Going to be a hell of a last couple months. For the top 6/7 teams every game will be super important. I think Mankato can split with umtc in the home and home

History tells me that the Gophers are going to lay an egg in the up coming series along the way.

I like having fans from other teams around. I don't understand the "Go back to GPL so I can talk to someone I agree with" mentality. Sure they can be annoying, but if NOT being annoying was a criteria for posting here... ;)

I say welcome them all in. Make fun of them and put up with their Olive Garden jokes (mmmm Olive Garden), argue, discuss and point out how wrong they are... but FFS stop telling them to leave. I mean, it is your right to tell them that - but having them here keeps the threads moving and keeps things....interesting.

Just my opinion...thought I'd share it. Gotta go, I just heard there is a real-live tree growing by Devils Lake. I gotta see this.

• Upvote 1

History tells me that the Gophers are going to lay an egg in the up coming series along the way.

As all teams could do but losing to Mankato this year isn't like previous seasons. They have a very good team this season! Good to see new teams emerge, until we play them then it's sweep time! Ha

I'm ready for my Gophers to lay an egg this weekend. Look at the losses to Tech and Mankato earlier, and the ties with Wisconsin (when they were baaaaaaad) and UAA. This weekend reeks of letdown for the Gophers, hopefully its just the basketball team I'm smelling.

Also, why all the hate on the message board for us? Can't people follow more than one hockey team anymore?

Also, why all the hate on the message board for us? Can't people follow more than one hockey team anymore?

One good reason is because it does not take much reading on GPL when it comes UND or UND players, to figure out the vast majority of posters there do not have much class. There obviously are a few individuals on GPL who are quite civil, and can discuss hockey. I welcome them to this board any time, and have enjoyed the comments of a number of them here. Personally, I will give GPL credit for one thing though. As a result of the disgusting trash I have seen over there for a couple of years, I will not call anyone or any team by anything other than their proper name. I will not insult anyone nor make any comments of a personal nature.