SiouxSports.com Forum

Montana State Rivalry Game

MerffCAT33

So you are saying their resume is better with OOC games against week ass FCS teams (RMU, PV) than putting UND on the schedule? They do have UM and MSU coming up which for their out of transition history is a miracle Gene actually grew a pair and signed the contract with them. I have no idea what the 1984 comment is about?

I'm saying, you are cherry picking their resume. They play, and usually beat, whomever is on their schedule, whether that is prairie view or montana state (on the road in a playoff game). The ac as accomplished enough on the field that it is a loser's lament to gripe about their schedule.

As for the 1984 comment: '82 the ac made a playoff run; '83 national title; '84 national runner up; fast forward to: '10 playoff run; '11 national title; '12 ??

That's why it feels like 1984. I'd like to have a Montana State rivalry thread without it getting hijacked into the schedule of the ac.

I'm saying, you are cherry picking their resume. They play, and usually beat, whomever is on their schedule, whether that is prairie view or montana state (on the road in a playoff game). The ac as accomplished enough on the field that it is a loser's lament to gripe about their schedule.

As for the 1984 comment: '82 the ac made a playoff run; '83 national title; '84 national runner up; fast forward to: '10 playoff run; '11 national title; '12 ??

That's why it feels like 1984. I'd like to have a Montana State rivalry thread without it getting hijacked into the schedule of the ac.

So you are yelling at me when an MSU fan wondered why UND and NDSU doesn't play together. Didn't you see this road coming when a fan of some other team brings this up? Think McFly, think.

So you are yelling at me when an MSU fan wondered why UND and NDSU doesn't play together. Didn't you see this road coming when a fan of some other team brings this up? Think McFly, think.

I'm not yelling at you (it's ok that we disagree on some things), and yes, unfortunately we all can see it coming when the question arises. That's what sucks.

I congratulate NDSU on growing a pair and leaving the St. Francis type teams off the schedule and put the big boys on.

last i checked st. francis was added because GEORGIA SOUTHERN dropped at the last second. You should know this, stop making awful arguments; they make this entire site look bad.

last i checked st. francis was added because GEORGIA SOUTHERN dropped at the last second. You should know this, stop making awful arguments; they make this entire site look bad.

which was the return game after the ac beat them on the road.

Enjoyed the company of some level headed EWU Eagle fans this last weekend at my tailgate. Game was a bit of a let down, but had a good time talking BSC football ( :D and a little grizz-bashing :D ) with some folks from Washington. Any UND fans coming to Bozeman this year?

Thinking about it...not a terrible drive from Denver. Do you guys sell out every game or could I bank on buying a ticket at the door?

Enjoyed the company of some level headed EWU Eagle fans this last weekend at my tailgate. Game was a bit of a let down, but had a good time talking BSC football ( :D and a little grizz-bashing :D ) with some folks from Washington. Any UND fans coming to Bozeman this year?

The wife and I are considering it. We're thinking of driving from Baker to Billings after work on Friday and then to Bozeman Saturday morning and back to Billings after the game. How long is the drive from Billings to Bozeman? How's the tailgate?

Thinking about it...not a terrible drive from Denver. Do you guys sell out every game or could I bank on buying a ticket at the door?

Got family that came from Denver last game. They made it in 9 hours. Good roads though. Best bet for tix is to call our ticket office ASAP (406)994-CATS. When we sell out they will sell standing room only tix. We sold out last game which was cool because we pulled off a "Card Stunt" for the first time in our stadium.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/10/14/y5a2u8yh.jpg

Got family that came from Denver last game. They made it in 9 hours. Good roads though. Best bet for tix is to call our ticket office ASAP (406)994-CATS. When we sell out they will sell standing room only tix. We sold out last game which was cool because we pulled off a "Card Stunt" for the first time in our stadium.

http://img.tapatalk....14/y5a2u8yh.jpg

Thanks and the card stunt looked awesome!

The wife and I are considering it. We're thinking of driving from Baker to Billings after work on Friday and then to Bozeman Saturday morning and back to Billings after the game. How long is the drive from Billings to Bozeman? How's the tailgate?

144 miles between Billings and Bozeman. Set cruise at 80 and you will get from A to B in under 2 hours. Slow down through Billings, speed limit slows to 65 on interstate through a section of Billings and the State "Bulls" will nail ya if you aren't abiding. Tailgate is great. Anything you want from two lawn chairs and a cooler up to enclosed tents and satillite dishes. Most CAT fans are welcoming and willing to visit :). Safe Travels.

UND needs to come in with an edge like they are playing SDSU or Fresno, not like how they've been performing against top FCS teams (Eastern Wash anyone?). They need to get on top and maintain pressure. It would also be nice if the defense could make the trip out there for a change. Otherwise this is going to be a baby seal clubbing.

So if UND beats MSU (a BIG IF!!) does UND deserve to sneak into the polls at a number 25? UND will be at 5-4 with a sweep over the Montana's, and a win over Sac St which is 5-3. Tough call.

I'd include them as a homer pick, not sure that UND deserves it at that point though. Finish at 6-4 (D1) with Cal Poly and E Wash staying top 10 and NAU top 20 and I think UND may have a case to be ranked 21-25.

Edit: But first things first, let's get a win this weekend!!

SNOWING today. Don't forget your cold weather gear :ohmy:

Don't forget UND fans. The CATS are coming off a bitter loss to the #1 team in the nation and have had 2 entire weeks to think about it.

I know it gets chilly in Bozeman and you get a lot of snow but have you ever been to Grand Forks in the winter? I'm not concerned about the snow or cold weather affecting our mindset going into the game. All the guys making the trip have seen snow before and have experinced a negative sign in front of the temperature it will be on Saturday.

It could be 75 and sunny and I'd still be worried about our defense however.