SiouxSports.com Forum

Eight Bison football players charged

darell1976

Bison fans want Beck on the field this fall regardless of the cost. Guess when their program doesn't have any ethical or moral compass to begin with, they would be fine with a felon on the field.

As usual, SiouxVolley doesn't let the facts get in the way of a good story.

As usual, SiouxVolley doesn't let the facts get in the way of a good story.

#1BISONFAN ASHLEy

What do you think happens if they figure it was the guy in the hospital that instigated it and Beck is not at blame???

GOBISON123

We standby our bison, hell or highwater (or until they lose eligibility and therefore worthless).

Bisonator98

If that is indeed true, I don't see how he could be charged in the first place.

NorthernBison

quote_icon.png Originally Posted by NDSU '96 viewpost-right.png

9.93%

Percent chance Beck plays a down in the 2013 season?

I'll go to the other extreme. 100%.

BisonDan

IMO charges will be dropped. Heard the video shows the other guy as the aggressor with Beck holding his hands up and backing away. It's a funny world we live in that if you get into a fight and win - you lose. How come the loser never goes to jail?

56BISON73 viewpost-right.png

I have never understood how you can discipline a student for something that didnt happen within the school year.

• Upvote 2

Bison fans want Beck on the field this fall regardless of the cost. Guess when their program doesn't have any ethical or moral compass to begin with, they would be fine with a felon on the field.

You didn't even dip into lakes's message board.

#1BISONFAN ASHLEy

What do you think happens if they figure it was the guy in the hospital that instigated it and Beck is not at blame???

GOBISON123

We standby our bison, hell or highwater (or until they graduate and are worthless).

Bisonator98

If that is indeed true, I don't see how he could be charged in the first place.

NorthernBison

quote_icon.png Originally Posted by NDSU '96 viewpost-right.png

9.93%

Percent chance Beck plays a down in the 2013 season?

I'll go to the other extreme. 100%.

BisonDan

IMO charges will be dropped. Heard the video shows the other guy as the aggressor with Beck holding his hands up and backing away. It's a funny world we live in that if you get into a fight and win - you lose. How come the loser never goes to jail?

56BISON73 viewpost-right.png

I have never understood how you can discipline a student for something that didnt happen within the school year.

Haha, good effort. But, I've read that thread too and let me shed a bit of light on those out of context quotes that you are using as 'proof' NDSU fans want him to play this fall regardless of what he did.

1st quote is a fair point by that poster. If it turns out the facts are different than what is being reported and he wasn't the aggressor he shouldn't be completely kicked off the team.

2nd quote has absolutely nothing to do with getting him on the field. Only that he will be supported. Nothing wrong with that.

3rd quote responding to someone who is saying Beck wasn't the aggressor. If that is found to be true, I would be in favor of him returning to the team after a suspension. As would most people.

4th quote completely tongue in cheek, context my friend, it would serve you well to read between the lines.

5th quote if the video indeed does show him to be the victim in all this, why wouldn't the charges be dropped?

6th quote he was responding to someone saying he should be kicked out of SCHOOL. Again, it helps to read what people are responding to.

Any more brain busters?

Haha, good effort. But, I've read that thread too and let me shed a bit of light on those out of context quotes that you are using as 'proof' NDSU fans want him to play this fall regardless of what he did.

1st quote is a fair point by that poster. If it turns out the facts are different than what is being reported and he wasn't the aggressor he shouldn't be completely kicked off the team.

2nd quote has absolutely nothing to do with getting him on the field. Only that he will be supported. Nothing wrong with that.

3rd quote responding to someone who is saying Beck wasn't the aggressor. If that is found to be true, I would be in favor of him returning to the team after a suspension. As would most people.

4th quote completely tongue in cheek, context my friend, it would serve you well to read between the lines.

5th quote if the video indeed does show him to be the victim in all this, why wouldn't the charges be dropped?

6th quote he was responding to someone saying he should be kicked out of SCHOOL. Again, it helps to read what people are responding to.

Any more brain busters?

High standards down in Fargo. The guy has been charged with Felony Assault, Resisting Arrest (TWICE), and Minor In Possession in his time in Fargo and you think he should still be on the team "if he didn't instigate it" this time. Even after beating a guy unconscious and putting him in the hospital. You can't make it up.

"Strike Four and Your Out"

• Upvote 1

You didn't even dip into lakes's message board.

According to lakes he broke the story and the other media outlets just copied him. Lakes must have a hat with the word "press" on it. Scoop Lakes on the job 24/7.

High standards down in Fargo. The guy has been charged with Felony Assault, Resisting Arrest (TWICE), and Minor In Possession in his time in Fargo and you think he should still be on the team "if he didn't instigate it" this time. Even after beating a guy unconscious and putting him in the hospital. You can't make it up.

"Strike Four and Your Out"

Good Lord man, take off your blinders. I am talking about self defense. If it turns out the other guy came at him and ended up getting cold cocked it is a bit different than what is being reported right now. If Travis was backed into a corner and attacked and the other guy winds up the hospital, then damn straight he should be back on the team at some point. AFTER a suspension for being in this situation.

For the record, I am not defending him. If what is being reported in the media is correct, I expect him to be kicked off the team.

A few posters are claiming to know something the rest of us don't, could be BS, it's all conjecture until the videos are viewed. But, that is what these posters and myself are responding to.

Good Lord man, take off your blinders. I am talking about self defense. If it turns out the other guy came at him and ended up getting cold cocked it is a bit different than what is being reported right now. If Travis was backed into a corner and attacked and the other guy winds up the hospital, then damn straight he should be back on the team at some point. AFTER a suspension for being in this situation.

Exactly what I thought you would say. Nothing about him putting himself in that position at 3am in the morning. Nothing about him resisting arrest for a second time. He should have pretty much been on double secret probation with Bohl after his run-ins so anything else would do him in, correct? Despite that, he still got into a fight outside a bar at 3am.

Based on his past and the outcome of this in the media and how the other guy was in the hospital, I find it hard to believe you still think he should be on the team because "the other guy thew a punch first". If this was his first offense, by all means, let it play out and suspend him for a game. But this is strike 3 for him, no matter who "threw the first punch".

For the record, I am not defending him. If what is being reported in the media is correct, I expect him to be kicked off the team.

A few posters are claiming to know something the rest of us don't, could be BS, it's all conjecture until the videos are viewed. But, that is what these posters and myself are responding to.

I agree with that. If the story from the police report holds up, there is no choice for Bohl and Taylor.

Exactly what I thought you would say. Nothing about him putting himself in that position at 3am in the morning. Nothing about him resisting arrest for a second time. He should have pretty much been on double secret probation with Bohl after his run-ins so anything else would do him, correct? Despite that, he still got into a fight outside a bar at 3am.

Based on his past and the outcome of this in the media and how the other guy was in the hospital, I find it hard to believe you still think he should be on the team because "the other guy thew a punch first". If this was his first offense, by all means, let it play out and suspend him for a game. But this is strike 3 for him, no matter who "threw the first punch".

What world are you living in, are you even reading what I am writing? Did you miss the part where I said he would return to the team after a suspension for "being in that situation".

Never once did I say the words "throw the first punch".

I agree with that. If the story from the police report holds up, there is no choice for Bohl and Taylor.

Well then for the love of all that is holy, what in the sam hell are you arguing with me about if you agree with that?

Well then for the love of all that is holy, what in the sam hell are you arguing with me about if you agree with that?

We are talking about "IF" he was defending himself. I say it doesn't matter, he put himself in that situation and its strike 3 for him. You say he has an out-card based on "self-defense" or "other guy threw first punch", etc.

We are talking about "IF" he was defending himself. I say it doesn't matter, he put himself in that situation and its strike 3 for him. You say he has an out-card based on "self-defense" or "other guy threw first punch", etc.

"Out card" meaning not removed from the team forever, which is what I expect and will be calling for if no new information surfaces.

Even if it was completely self defense, I would like to see him suspended for at least 2-3 games.

"Out card" meaning not removed from the team forever, which is what I expect and will be calling for if no new information surfaces.

Even if it was completely self defense, I would like to see him suspended for at least 2-3 games.

Fair enough-makes sense.

I wish UND would have tossed Watkins after he got his marijuana possession charges early on. They suspended him twice and should have booted him immediately. Sends a message when they finally do boot the player. Giving them multiple chances does nothing for anybody.

I wonder if it gets tiring being on the side of the argument which believes law enforcement is getting it wrong.

Nobody is saying law enforcement has it wrong. Just that the facts haven't come out yet. He was arrested on the spot, you think they viewed the tape of the fight before they arrested him at 3 am?

Did the cops have it wrong at Sandy hook when it was reported that there were 2-3 shooters? No, the media just ran with an early report. No different than what is going on here. Sometimes those early reports are right, other times they are wrong. Nothing more.

Nobody is saying law enforcement has it wrong. Oh, but there are many true believers saying that. Just that the facts haven't come out yet. Again, according to law enforcement, the FACTS of the case warrant arrest and a felony charge. As usual, the true believers dispute law enforcement. He was arrested on the spot, you think they viewed the tape of the fight before they arrested him at 3 am?

Did the cops have it wrong at Sandy hook when it was reported that there were 2-3 shooters? No, the media just ran with an early report. No different than what is going on here. Except here charges were filed and someone doing a perp walk. Other than that, yep, it's exactly the same. Sometimes those early reports are right, other times they are wrong. Nothing more.

• Upvote 1

Dom Izzo ‏@DomIzzoWDAY 6m

Defense attorney Bruce Quick tells me he believes there's "self-defense element" regarding Travis Beck and will be successfully defended

Here we go. The best attorney in the state will spin, twist and mold the hell out of this to where Beck is playing next fall. Gene will then tell everyone that "he has been through enough" and will be suspended for 1 game. Book it.

Defense attorney Bruce Quick tells me he believes there's "self-defense element" regarding Travis Beck and will be successfully defended

Here we go. The best attorney in the state will spin, twist and mold the hell out of this to where Beck is playing next fall. Gene will then tell everyone that "he has been through enough" and will be suspended for 1 game. Book it.

charlie stock wasn't available?

and what so he'll miss the kstate game, like he would make a difference there anyway.