SiouxSports.com Forum

Eight Bison football players charged

darell1976

This thread speaks for itself. It's UND fans who are fixated on North Dakota State Football. I can remember this same attitude from the beginnings of the Bison dynasty in the 60s. Jealousy is the emotion that drives it.

This is the 2nd time this week your president has had to clear up comments made earlier by your coach and AD. Even without your trolling and trying your best to get this thread closed down, your administration is keeping this in the news. I wonder if this 4 layers of punishment is a new thing or only implemented during the season? Its never been an issue before this. I wonder what the next clarification is going to be. I'll have my popcorn ready.

Jealousy and envy are driving this discussion. Without these two key elements, there wouldn't be a thread. UND's discussion of Bison football typically degenerates into making fun of Fargo. It's just like Gopher fans when they lose to NDSU in football. They revert to putting down the state of North Dakota and Fargo. UND fans gladly rip the program that they would trade for in a heartbeat. I love the topic of Dale Lennon, the guy who applied for the NDSU coaching job while he was the head coach at UND.

As a North Dakotan, I'm actually quite proud of UND's hockey dynasty. I have absolutely no envy or jealousy toward it. But I recognize it for what it is. It's an athletic mill, as is Bison football.

I would have went with fraud and poor leadership/crisis management with the things that are driving the discussion. Quite certain there wouldn't be a thread without those.

And NDSU football is an athletic mill? You are joking right? A handful of guys have gotten shots during training camps, which is impressive to make it that far, but it takes a little more than that before you start declaring yourself an athletic mill. How many players have played meaningful snaps in the past five years? Mays, Dahl and I suppose Humber (once he gets back from his drug suspension). Not much off from UND, with Kleinsasser (now retired) and Kuper.

Back to the topic at hand, will Bresciani issue another statement on Monday? He seems to be the one keeping this in the news with all of his e-mails and press releases (that later need to be clarified, then re-clarified)?

Jealousy and envy are driving this discussion. Without these two key elements, there wouldn't be a thread. UND's discussion of Bison football typically degenerates into making fun of Fargo. It's just like Gopher fans when they lose to NDSU in football. They revert to putting down the state of North Dakota and Fargo. UND fans gladly rip the program that they would trade for in a heartbeat. I love the topic of Dale Lennon, the guy who applied for the NDSU coaching job while he was the head coach at UND.

As a North Dakotan, I'm actually quite proud of UND's hockey dynasty. I have absolutely no envy or jealousy toward it. But I recognize it for what it is. It's an athletic mill, as is Bison football.

It's already been stated this thread should be titled: Petition Fraud in ND. But Okay based on your comparison - UND hockey mills out millionaire hockey players that often return for their degrees and fund scholarships for the school, SU football mills out college drop-outs that take $9 an hour jobs defrauding the citizens of North Dakota and bringing humiliation to SU? Guess I'm not seeing where the jealousy would come in?
  • Upvote 1

Russians, Czechs, Canadians. All equally foreign. I won't say they are inferior, but they aren't American. Americans love our athletics. If you use foreigners(Canadians are foreign), you can't expect people to not make fun.

Ah, a joke about how we have a lot of indians and asians? They are math nuts. They can teach us a lot of things. They are making the world a better place.

I think it is moreso getting bored rather than deflecting. The entire thread for the longest time, "OMG OMG OMG HEADS MUST ROLL! DISENFRANCHISEMENT! TAYLOR! BOHL! AAARRHGHGHGHGGH!" If this is the worst stuff NDSU will have to deal with, I will be very pleased because it is nothing major.* I didn't say it is not to be taken seriously, but it isn't worth the attention it has gotten. No sexual crimes, no violent crimes.

*cue UND folks to compare them to the Klan, Nazis, etc.

*My bottom post was the most relevant to the thread, and also had the most information in it. I am willing to bet that other posters will focus on the shorter ones rather than the one closest to the thread.

Russians, Czechs, Canadians. All equally foreign. I won't say they are inferior, but they aren't American. Americans love our athletics. If you use foreigners(Canadians are foreign), you can't expect people to not make fun.

Ah, a joke about how we have a lot of indians and asians? They are math nuts. They can teach us a lot of things. They are making the world a better place.

I think it is moreso getting bored rather than deflecting. The entire thread for the longest time, "OMG OMG OMG HEADS MUST ROLL! DISENFRANCHISEMENT! TAYLOR! BOHL! AAARRHGHGHGHGGH!" If this is the worst stuff NDSU will have to deal with, I will be very pleased because it is nothing major.* I didn't say it is not to be taken seriously, but it isn't worth the attention it has gotten. No sexual crimes, no violent crimes.

*cue UND folks to compare them to the Klan, Nazis, etc.

*My bottom post was the most relevant to the thread, and also had the most information in it. I am willing to bet that other posters will focus on the shorter ones rather than the one closest to the thread.

It may be nothering major to you to deny people the right to vote on an issue, but it is major to a lot of people who want the opportunity to vote on those issues, and I can guarantee you it’s very major and a big deal to the people who are sponsoring these measures. If the civil liberty issues don’t rise to your level of importance maybe the money aspect of this can. It’s not just the $145,000 that was paid to the company to get the signatures, it’s also the many hours of work that goes into drafting these measures – this includes salaries for the people working for the organization, research into how the measure can be implemented, legal fees for writing and re-writing the measures, fundraising (yes fundraising costs money) to hire the petition collectors, advertising, lawyers etc. and I’m just scratching the surface of what goes into getting a measure on the ballot and then getting it passed. Let’s also not forget the jobs that will NOT be because these measures won’t have an opportunity to pass and create them.

As mad as I am at the lazy dipsh#*&$^%s that broke the law, I am livid with Bresciani, Taylor and Bohl for their cavalier attitude towards this crime. These are University officials being paid hundreds of thousands of dollars that are responsible for educating our young people not only towards a job or career, but towards life and their responsibility towards their community and they are basically telling everyone that it’s OK to disregard our laws and screw other people if we don’t feel like doing a job we are hired to do - no big deal.

• Upvote 1

This is the 2nd time this week your president has had to clear up comments made earlier by your coach and AD. Even without your trolling and trying your best to get this thread closed down, your administration is keeping this in the news. I wonder if this 4 layers of punishment is a new thing or only implemented during the season? Its never been an issue before this. I wonder what the next clarification is going to be. I'll have my popcorn ready.

Your desire for clarification is based upon something other than genuine concern for the players and the program. NDSU's president is making decisions based upon genuine concern for the players and the program. He doesn't care about your misplaced concern. That's why it makes no sense to you. Everyone that really cares about Bison football wants this thing cleared up, and for players to be handed the appropriate punishments.

It's already been stated this thread should be titled: Petition Fraud in ND. But Okay based on your comparison - UND hockey mills out millionaire hockey players that often return for their degrees and fund scholarships for the school, SU football mills out college drop-outs that take $9 an hour jobs defrauding the citizens of North Dakota and bringing humiliation to SU? Guess I'm not seeing where the jealousy would come in?

I forgot one element. UND's misplaced sense of superiority. That's also a common thread in the relationship.

Thanks for being honest though.

Your desire for clarification is based upon something other than genuine concern for the players and the program. NDSU's president is making decisions based upon genuine concern for the players and the program. He doesn't care about your misplaced concern. That's why it makes no sense to you. Everyone that really cares about Bison football wants this thing cleared up, and for players to be handed the appropriate punishments.

Is that the original no punishment or the one that will come after this clarification or the next clarification. Also, what level of the 4 levels of punishment will be the correct level for those truely concerned with Bison football? How about those concerned with the state of ND voting laws and your Gene and Craig's misplaced concern about those?

Is that the original no punishment or the one that will come after this clarification or the next clarification. Also, what level of the 4 levels of punishment will be the correct level for those truely concerned with Bison football? How about those concerned with the state of ND voting laws and your Gene and Craig's misplaced concern about those?

It's amazing to see a discussion like this here on SS. On Bisonville a discussion like this would be buried in the commons area. There have been comments over there about your last round of problems with football players, but no headline articles.

Sioux jealousy at its finest, on display, in its uncut, disgusting version.

It's amazing to see a discussion like this here on SS. On Bisonville a discussion like this would be buried in the commons area. There have been comments over there about your last round of problems with football players, but no headline articles.

''

On Bisonville conversation on this issue was closed.

That's why you are here...

I forgot one element. UND's misplaced sense of superiority. That's also a common thread in the relationship.

Thanks for being honest though.

Back at you with NDSU's perpetual sense of inferiority. As supported by your need and several others to be here. Thanks for coming to a UND Board and sharing your opinions. Must be tough not to have a place of your own to talk about a team you support.

This thread speaks for itself. It's UND fans who are fixated on North Dakota State Football. I can remember this same attitude from the beginnings of the Bison dynasty in the 60s. Jealousy is the emotion that drives it.

UND fans are fixated on NDSU football because of this one thread....what does it say for the hundreds of UND threads on Bisonville? Little 'ol Moo U fans are obsessed with UND.

I don't think any of us are jealous of having 10 players on our roster with an upcoming court date that will be widely covered and bring all of this up again and force answers again from your coach, AD and president.

Championships duh?

UND fans are fixated on NDSU football because of this one thread....what does it say for the hundreds of UND threads on Bisonville? Little 'ol Moo U fans are obsessed with UND.

Hundreads???? Once again frame it up the way you want it. You yourself start as many threads on AGS about NDSU as you do UND. Who's infastuated with who?

Lakes Bison and his other brother Darrell

Back at you with NDSU's perpetual sense of inferiority. As supported by your need and several others to be here. Thanks for coming to a UND Board and sharing your opinions. Must be tough not to have a place of your own to talk about a team you support.

You guys need to make up your mind. One day we have an inferiority complex and the next day it is a superiority complex. Which is it?

Rob Port gets somewhat of a negative rap, but the guy does dig deeper into stories than the average ND reporter... Say Anything NDSU Coach Bohl Says Companies Involved In Fraudulent Petitions Are Targeted » Say Anything

Through FIA requests he was able get Bresciani and Bohl emails..Open Records Response

Bohl is an apologist for guys. Bresciani says nothing about internal requirements within NDSU. The last couple of days is just a smokescreen that Bresciani implemented.

You guys need to make up your mind. One day we have an inferiority complex and the next day it is a superiority complex. Which is it?

It's kinda like a moral victory..... you can't lose and you always feel better about yourself

Rob Port gets somewhat of a negative rap, but the guy does dig deeper into stories than the average ND reporter... Say Anything NDSU Coach Bohl Says Companies Involved In Fraudulent Petitions Are Targeted » Say Anything

Through FIA requests he was able get Bresciani and Bohl emails..Open Records Response

Bohl is an apologist for guys. Bresciani says nothing about internal requirements within NDSU. The last couple of days is just a smokescreen that Bresciani implemented.

So Bohl says the players were paid to get a certain amount of signatures or they wouldn't have a job. While paying per signature is illegal, I wouldn't think it would be illegal to require a certain level of performance in order to keep your job. That seems kind of standard. One of the players admitted to forging 100% of his signatures. Seems like there was intent no doing the actual job to begin with

Then he says they were never informed of potential fallout or criminal charges by the company. Please tell me he's not saying it had to be spelled out that they shouldn't forge signatures?

I find it interesting that he also says the investigators said they had to file charges on the players to go after the company. Possible, and I would guess doing so got more cooperation out of the players and others charged than it would have had they not been charged, but I highly doubt they would file charges if there wasn't some intent of punishing them, they did break the law and all...