SiouxSports.com Forum

Eight Bison football players charged

darell1976

The fact of the matter is that it IS true. Who the hell do you think you are to make these sneaky little comments? I would be happy to buy you a beer and discuss this matter in person sometime if you have the spine to meet me face to face. The ball is in your court, tough guy.

Tomorrow night. Pick the place. Friend

The fact that the announcements were made the week of the CSU game is what makes it suspicious to most people. Most people don't have any idea about when he knew anything. The AG made an announcement on Tuesday, and Bohl held his press conference on Tuesday. Therefore the average citizen on the street believes that Bohl was reacting to the AG announcement. That is why the general impression is that he was protecting his players so he could win this particular game and that is the impression I am talking about. Most people in North Dakota aren't getting into all of the details. They know that NDSU players committed a crime and the school is not doing anything publicly to punish them, even though NDSU has punished players that have committed other players that may have committed a lesser crime.

Coach Bohl answered that question in his press conference very candidly. He said he had known about the pending charges for "a couple of weeks". It would have been very easy for him to "take the easy way out" and suspend the guys for a meaningless game and it would have been done. For whatever reason he has decided not to, or someone has decided not to suspend the players and I would assume they have been punished within the team. To say that NDSU only cares about winning and rules be damned is not an accurate description of the scenario(you may not have said this, but others have) because they could have punished the players without having to sacrifice a win.

Good point brought up here UND fans. If it was 8 UND football players how would we want it handled?

My opinion:

Although harsh, I'd hope that the players would serve at least a two game suspension. Start of the season, after the court date, whatever... But don't give these kids the opportunity to walk around campus and laugh about the fact that they are still allowed the privilege to play on the institution's football team with no penalty for their action.

If UND's AD came out and said the crap that Taylor said, the next time I got a call from the Alumni Association asking for money I'd let them know that my school needs a change in leadership in the athletics department before I gave them another cent. These kids aren't felons by any means, but he sounds more like Johny Cochran than NDSU's athletic director.

The fact of the matter is that it IS true. Who the hell do you think you are to make these sneaky little comments? I would be happy to buy you a beer and discuss this matter in person sometime if you have the spine to meet me face to face. The ball is in your court, tough guy.

I like beer, can I come too?

And by the way I've already met you face to face you just didn't know it :)

Do you think that gives you something over on me? It doesn't. I don't care if anybody in real life knows who I am here. If I did care about that I wouldn't use my first name and the first initial of my last name as my screen name. And seriously... a MONDAY night? I'm sorry, I'm a responsible adult with a job. It'll have to be on a weekend.

A challenge and THEN conditions. I have a job too but I can stay up past 9

Actually, fraud/forgery are considered crimes of "dishonesty" and viewed pretty seriously by a variety of industries, regardless of when they occurred and even if they are misdemeanors, since they reflect on the integrity of the person. Since none of these idiots will make the NFL, they had better hope they graduate with a 4.0 in chemical engineering. The fact the 'su adminstration seems to poo-poo the issue and the potential impacts on their players shows their integrity, or lack thereof.

Thinks this sums it up in a nutshell. How can SU boot anyone from school for academic cheating after this cluster!? If GT and Deano are going to give these clowns a pass, what about Remedial Johnny who gets caught cheating in Biology 101?

Do you think that gives you something over on me? It doesn't. I don't care if anybody in real life knows who I am here. If I did care about that I wouldn't use my first name and the first initial of my last name as my screen name. And seriously... a MONDAY night? I'm sorry, I'm a responsible adult with a job. It'll have to be on a weekend.

I go to the lake on the weekends but I can meet you at Zorbas

Good point brought up here UND fans. If it was 8 UND football players how would we want it handled?

My opinion:

Although harsh, I'd hope that the players would serve at least a two game suspension. Start of the season, after the court date, whatever... But don't give these kids the opportunity to walk around campus and laugh about the fact that they are still allowed the privilege to play on the institution's football team with no penalty for their action.

If UND's AD came out and said the crap that Taylor said, the next time I got a call from the Alumni Association asking for money I'd let them know that my school needs a change in leadership in the athletics department before I gave them another cent. These kids aren't felons by any means, but he sounds more like Johny Cochran than NDSU's athletic director.

I don't see the benefit of enabling criminal behavior by allowing athletes to play/travel on the taxpayer's dime, I don't care if they're starters or pine riders. At the very least I'd expect them to sit for at least a game, even before the cases have concluded and perhaps more later. Teams suspend players for missing practice, skipping class or sneaking out of the team hotel. Can't imagine why admitted criminal conduct doesn't rise to that level. At the very least it might also violate 'su's student code of conduct as well.

I'm not the one homer was addressing when he said "Take it to PMs or start a new thread of your obsession of Dave. This thread is to discuss 13 of the 15 charged in the petition fraud with ties to NDSU's football team."

Your move.

And I care what homer thinks

I'm not the one homer was addressing when he said "Take it to PMs or start a new thread of your obsession of Dave. This thread is to discuss 13 of the 15 charged in the petition fraud with ties to NDSU's football team."

Your move.

Gotta run. It's almost nine and there is work tomorrow (plus I have make sure my kid dresses himself correctly). See you at the DL Zorbaz on Friday night (I think that's a weekend night).

Signed

In your head and you know it

Actually, fraud/forgery are considered crimes of "dishonesty" and viewed pretty seriously by a variety of industries, regardless of when they occurred and even if they are misdemeanors, since they reflect on the integrity of the person. Since none of these idiots will make the NFL, they had better hope they graduate with a 4.0 in chemical engineering. The fact the 'su adminstration seems to poo-poo the issue and the potential impacts on their players shows their integrity, or lack thereof.

Marcus will likely be drafted.

Mods, can we clean up some of these posts? We are here trying to have a discussion on a topic that has affected the entire state of North Dakota and these guys are obviously trying to change the subject or get the thread closed down.

Or maybe trying to give another point of view . Listen to Bison6 he states what a lot of Bison fans think but everyone on here ignores Homer sometimes you have to take extreme measures to get a point across. You all know Dave and what he's about (gets bashed on here by his own kind ). Find some thicker skin