SiouxSports.com Forum

Week 1 Opponent/Big Sky Scores

dakotadan

I think I may have underestimated South Dakota. I thought replacing Warren would be tough, but it seems like they always find another guy to step in and do the job at QB.

Montana is tough at home. That stadium is just a bee hive.

No underestimating...Yotes not good. Game not as close as score. In midst of annual buddies get-together in Missoula. Both RB ran for 100+ for Griz. Doubled up Yotes in yardage. New USD QB is no Warren. Griz QB from HI...decent. Best college atmosphere for FB I've been to bar none. And I've been to Big 12, Pac 10 and BCS bowls before. 26k going nuts and on top of each other at foot of the mountains.

Lambeau is top for any FB venue tho IMO.

No underestimating...Yotes not good. Game not as close as score. In midst of annual buddies get-together in Missoula. Both RB ran for 100+ for Griz. Doubled up Yotes in yardage. New USD QB is no Warren. Griz QB from HI...decent. Best college atmosphere for FB I've been to bar none. And I've been to Big 12, Pac 10 and BCS bowls before. 26k going nuts and on top of each other at foot of the mountains.

Agree, the game wasn't as close as the score would indicate.

Here are all of the final scores.

Thursday, Aug. 30

N. Colorado 0

Utah 41

Sac State 19

NM State 49

S. Utah 3

Utah St 34

Azusa Pacific 3

UC Davis 41

E. Wash 20

Idaho 3

Chadron St 6

Montana St 33

N. Arizona 6

Arizona St 63

Saturday, Sept. 1

Idaho St 21

Air Force 49

S. Dakota 24

Montana 35

San Diego 14

Cal Poly 41

Carroll 20

Portland St 38

Weber St 10

Fresno St 37

San Diego St 12

Washington 21

NCHC Scores

Miami 10

Ohio St 56

W. Mich 7

Illinois 24

UMD 45

SwMSU 20

SCSU 19

Sioux Falls 32

Eh, I was just curious how W. Michigan and Miami did. Those are 2 of the few FBS schools I would actually like to see games against. At least we will now have a connection to these schools compared to the random California FBS schools we are scheduling. If we are going to schedule down, I would like it to be UMD, SCSU or MSU. And when I saw that St. Clown had lost to Sioux Falls, I had to throw the scores in.

Griz mistakes kept USD in the game...botched a punt return which led to a TD, freshman QB threw a pick which was returned for a TD (although through the receivers hands), and the young secondary blew a coverage and a guy got behind them for a long TD.

The question marks coming in were the rookie QB and the suspect DB's, and though they made a few mistakes they played pretty well, I think USD only had 9 first downs and UM had about 600 yards of offense.

Appy State will be a good indication of where they're at, I expect a lot of points on the board from both sides.

Was anyone else kind of surprised that SUU only scored 3 against Utah St.? I wasn't expecting a win but thought they'd put up a few more points.

The way they've been bragging up Sorensen I expected them to make a game of it, apparently their other offensive weapons need some work.

Once UM imposed its will against USD with its power ground running game in the 3rd qtr, the end result was never in doubt. I agree that the score made the game look closer than it was....

Although stopping the run is a strength of the North Dakota defense, the Griz have a massive power running back that I could foresee our guys having a problem with. The Griz game will be an interesting one. They are a pretty balanced team. Not a bad match-up for us, but even as good as UND's run defense is, I can see having problems with both UM and Northern Arizona.

In looking for new data sources to pull the Big Sky scores for this site, I'm a little surprised at the bad data on the Big Sky site:

http://www.bigskycon...t=5&season=2012

Northern Arizona 63 Arizona State 6

Sacramento State 49 New Mexico State 19

Both of those are transposed from what ESPN and other sources say:

http://scores.espn.g...=2&weekNumber=1

Interestingly, they have the correct winning team in each bolded, just the scores transposed.

Argh, and now they have a completely new site so I'm not even parsing the (incorrect) scores anymore anyway. I'm having a tough time getting good football score date post-Big Sky transition.

http://www.bigskycon...?path=football